What really grinds your gears?

Strange one, but being too tall.

I’m ~6ft 6 and it’s just annoying.

I have to duck a lot (for things like door frames), have trouble fitting in various forms of transport (coaches, busses, trains and cars), have trouble finding the correct sizes of clothes. The list goes on. Despite this, I don’t think I’ve ever bought anything restricted and not needed ID and I’m now 22 :astonished:.

I wish you could lose height like weight or I could donate some to someone that wants it :joy:

I kinda think this is just a collection of things that grind my gears that relate to my height

3 Likes

Hearing the letter aitch pronounced haitch - ironically often by people who drop it everywhere else!

I want to shout, it’s AITCH. No huh.

But I don’t.

4 Likes

People that get offended on behalf of other people.

Social Justice Warriors

6 Likes

I imagine this is going to be a long term issue. They can’t get adoption of electric cars more than a few percent (price, range, lack of charging points, ugly design etc), let alone build an electric plane which will replace long haul flights, short haul is probably not too far away

The problem is still energy density - the extractable energy per kilo of a battery is still a lot less than jet A1. Plus the weight of the battery is constant, so you still have to keep it aloft even when it is empty, whilst once jet A1 is burnt you need less power to keep the plane up.

Also planes cost a lot of money, you can’t have them sitting around while you plug a USB charger in :wink:

There is a lot of effort going into better battery technology, I’m sure we’ll get there eventually.

3 Likes

For sure, one of the things that grinds my gears it the government pushing electric cars when we have 0 electric charging points in our town and most homes in our town don’t have drives. Not sure how they expect us to buy these electric cars if we can’t charge them :wink:

Solar power :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Seems logical to me

Hmm, London gets 0.52kWh per day in December, so even with a perfect solar panel, you could use your tesla every 40 days - with a real solar panel, it’s more like every 120 days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Cyclists :tired_face:
Or three cyclists cycling right next to each other and not behind! :triumph::triumph:

4 Likes

Waiting for the cyclists to come on here and argue with you on this one…

:smiley:

1 Like

When people don’t pay attention in meetings and literally repeat the points you’ve just made as if they were there own.

Me: So I’ll pop the file on the shared drive so we can access and edit it together.
Boss: Yes and if you can add the file to the shared drive so we can all add any extra edits that come up

Thanks boss, for that.

Also grinds my gears… When I forget I’m on a video call and don’t do a great job of hiding my reactions…

4 Likes

I know what you mean. When the seat infront of me suddenly moves closer to face without any warning I think its quite rude, that is until I do the same to the person behind me

1 Like

Or them moronic kids that wheelie in the middle of the road for ages slowing everyone down

I really wanna just clip their back wheel so the fall off

4 Likes

People with very little to no life experience who think they have an answer for every situation in life

1 Like

Overtaking one car-sized group of cyclists is much easier than trying to overtake a group of cyclists strung out in a line.

4 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Removed Posts - 16/8/18

This made me laugh and is very true! :rofl:

This might be of interest. :blush:
http://www.energysavingtrust.org.uk/transport/street-residential-chargepoint-scheme

2 Likes

Plenty in Scotland as well!

Great thing about that site is the live charging map so you know if a charger is in use or unavailable!

1 Like