What really grinds your gears?

• Clueless travellers who hold up the line at airport security for having liquids, metals, etc. despite staff yelling at everyone to take all liquids out and have them in a bag right at the beginning of the queue. Also people who put their feet up on the handrest. Ew.

Clueless travellers in general! People who stand at the automatic passport gates and insert their passport incorrectly. People who try to use an automatic baggage drop line and just stare at the screen cluelessly! It seems like many people don’t want to use their brains.

2 Likes

Clueless airport security that forces everyone to remove metal, liquids etc despite this being unnecessary and pointless.

8 Likes
  • Office football chats. Stop saying we bought that player or we need more money bla bla
  • People always asking what are your plans for the weekend.
  • Cash collections in office on some random dudes birthday
  • People asking how was your weekend
  • Public Transport
  • People tailgating when you are going on.speed limit in an average speed check area
3 Likes

Those 118 118 guys. Just stop!!

3 Likes

Compare the market, money supermarket, Go compare, Top Cash back and Trivago adverts. They are all rubbish and try so hard to be funny that I want to smash the telly any time any of them come on. They annoy me so much that I wont even look at their websites

3 Likes

Pineapples :wink:

7 Likes

Please tell us that’s a selfie!

1 Like

I dashed out this morning to get it done for the purpose of @Dannytc comment :stuck_out_tongue:

Next up is a Monzo tattoo :rofl:

2 Likes

Me too :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

It is pointless and is never needed in other countries but since it’s enforced in Europe (to varying degrees as well) people should jolly well make the process as painless for other travellers as possible :cry:

1 Like

#brexit :speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

Really sorry but this is the first thing that came up in my head when I saw this topic title

5 Likes

People who wait until they get to the ticket barriers to even think of getting their ticket/card out.

People who stand there like lemmings and/or repeatedly try again when the barrier says “Seek assistance.” I’m sure if they keep doing the same thing repeatedly then a different outcome will occur.

People who stand on the left of escalators.

People who stand in the middle of escalators.

People who dawdle/stop dead after stepping off an escalator. If you need to catch your bearings, stride away and step aside - the flow of people coming off the escalator aren’t going to magically slow down for you!

People who stop dead at the bottom of the stairs to the platform/at the entrance to the platform. How hard is it to know which way down the line you’re going so you only need to glance at the boards to see which way you need to turn? And for the love of god why do you never move down the platform?!

People who ignore the ‘way out’ signs and go out the first stairs they see, in such large numbers they block people trying to get in from getting to the platform.

People who stand in front of the doors instead of to the side of the doors instead of letting people off the train first.

People who take one step off the train and then stop and look to see where they should be going.

tl;dr, the tube

4 Likes

On this note: Biometric passport scans at the airport

1 Like

“Gifs” Just “Gifs”.

:smirk:

3 Likes

People who stop dead on the pavement rather than moving to the side to stop!

Particularly a problem right now in Edinburgh with the fringe being on and pavement space is a premium in some parts of town…

2 Likes

Not much better in the west with the European championships. :sob:

Haha that’s exactly what was in my mind when I created it :nerd_face: