What really grinds your gears?

What grinds my gears is public transport… The bus and train companies are rubbish here for delays and cancellations. especially with certain bus companies telling you nothing about them.

I know down south you have Northern Rail and Arriva, for that you have my condolences. We have ScotRail (ran by Abellio) and McGill’s.

Well that and legacy banks… That’s about it.

2 Likes

Something I’ve noticed recently that really annoys me… When people reply to questions on Amazon with some ridiculous answer like “I wouldn’t know, I haven’t tried it”. What’s the point? Why even reply to the question? :scream:

9 Likes

A lack of critical thinking and an inability to think in the abstract sense about what purpose their review serves. That’s my theory on what causes this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve no idea. I’ve never even thought about it, to be honest :joy:

1 Like

They got an email from Amazon saying “You bought this thing, can you answer this question?” and felt duty-bound to do so.

I suspect mostly it’s older people who when you say “You can ignore it, you know” think that would be rude.

1 Like

When you try and help someone who is frustrated about something but they don’t listen because they’ve got themselves so worked up.

I understand that you’re annoyed but take a breath, compose yourself and think logically about what I’ve just said. :exploding_head:

3 Likes

People that smoke.

People that smoke at bus stops.

People smoking outside every single building nowadays so when you leave said building, your coughing and spluttering like you smoke 40 a day.

8 Likes

People that slurp their hot drinks!!!

OMG I hate that noise so much

Oh and then the person proceeding to slam down the mug on the table after each slurp!

2 Likes

Companies that allow you to subscribe just-like-that but insist on forcing you to call them to say goodbye. See TokyoTreat, The Times, most gyms… It’s just not reasonable.

6 Likes

I delete those without ever reading them. I’ve also set a rule on our Helpdesk to reject emails with a subject line of more than 100 characters

2 Likes

People who use a teaspoon at work for making a drink and then dump it in the sink!! INCONSISDERATE AND LAZY!!

Slow people. I’m 6ft5 my walking pace is your jogging pace. Please move and stop drifting into my way.

The awkwardness when you’re walking abreast with a complete stranger at the same pace so need to put on a burst of speed to move ahead.

Similar to above but with cars on a motorway. Someone pulls up by you in the middle lane but is going at the same speed so doesn’t overtake and there a 3 big lorries coming up!!

Oh I could have such fun with this thread…:grin::grin:

7 Likes

The curious issue of banks and building societies who crow about the ease of opening accounts online, yet closing them requires a notarised written statement, 8 months notice and a personal visit from the Pope.

8 Likes

Jess Glynne, can’t stand her music or her voice.

2 Likes

philistine!

Who is Jess Glynn?

2 Likes

companies with pricing buttons on their website that just lead to a feedback form.,… Grrrr If you can’t explain your prices without a conference call, adding me to CRM system and spamming every other month you’re not getting my business.

Just tried to get pricing for something and ended up here

8 Likes

This is inline with overall “web marketing” which I hate with a passion. Things like spam-letter signup popups, etc. I doubt any of this actually provides any value & net profit to the business - it seems to be mainly about upping meaningless numbers like “conversion rate” to justify the marketing department’s job.

2 Likes

This donkey

People calling me Hugo. Especially after I sign off with my actual name especially to prompt them :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Wait, you’re called Hugh?

#jokez

2 Likes