What password manager does everyone use?

Hadn’t enabled that one as well so will do.

Cheers

I’ve never had an issue with different subdomains? How do you have them set up? I have each subdomain set up as a different login with the subdomain url in the url field, it works every time.

We use subdomains on a url for all our dev sites so would be a massive issue for me if it couldn’t do that

That’s exactly why it is a big issue for me.

Interesting that it works for you though. I’ll double check everything tonight as it was all imported from Lastpass so perhaps something is amiss :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Double checked a few and it is still auto filling on the first one in my vault and not the one that matched the URL.

For example I have.

login.one.com/cp
login.one.com/mail

Because ‘C’ comes before ‘M’ it always prefills with the credentials for the first domain and I can’t see a way to tell it not to?

1 Like

What OS are you using?

Chrome on Windows.

Those aren’t subdomains, they are subdirectories. Not that that helps your issue, but @Addzy said he used subdomains, so maybe that’s the difference?

1 Like

They are subdomains but yeah they are different directories :stuck_out_tongue:

They’re the best live examples that I could give but it does the same with subdomains too :pensive:

it’s very strange, the only thing that seems to be different is that I use Edge on MacOS but I can’t see that making a difference as both are using Chromium.

Last question then i’m out because I’m confused, what browser extension have you got installed? I know there’s 2 for 1Password, i have 1Password X

I love the amount of depth you are going into with your Password Manager journey.

I feel like I’m going through the challenges of migrating myself, without having to actually deal with the stress. So thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha no problem, I’m actually enjoying it to be honest and hopefully if it helps people in the future then that’s a bonus too :slight_smile:

1Password X

Something doesn’t sound right, I think I need to mess about with it some more or reach out to their support. More on this breaking news later… :microphone: :rofl:

1 Like

I use 1Password with Firefox on OS X. When I have something like that happen, the autofill shortcut shows me the list of options and lets me click which one I want to use to fill in the field, rather than autofilling with the first one on the list.

I’ve been using 1Password for years now so can’t remember if I had to change a setting to make it work this way or not, but 1Password support are very helpful in my experience, so if you contact them I’m sure they’ll be able to sort you out.

Yeah I can click the field to see all the options but I’d like it to be more intelligent and simply differentiate between the URLs so I don’t have to.

Just seen that that 1Password are a Canadian company so I’ll try to get onto their live chat this afternoon as it seems that their forum is the primary support but I cba to create an account right now :see_no_evil: :smiley:

1 Like

Another +1 for LastPass. It does annoy me a little on Android, this integration could be so much more slicker so I am also using Google’s password solution out of laziness but I do like the flexibility of LastPass.

This is what started me on my journey. That and needing the ability for TOTP and custom fields to be included. Having a quick Google though, it seems like the latter has recently been added :open_mouth:

1 Like

Interesting, I’ll take a look at that. Thanks :slight_smile:

Just been playing with this tonight and it’s a game changer! Why it isn’t promoted or easy to find I don’t know!

One for you @BritishLibrary if you weren’t aware either…

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/editing-an-existing-site-entry/

Basically it’s tucked under advanced settings for each entry. Or if you’re adding a new website you fill in all the fields on the website and before you click “login” open LastPass and click ‘add new website’.

It will then auto add all custom ones too :exploding_head:

So on this website I need a userID as well as an email address and password. So you just add the field ID to LastPass and now it autofills :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

Am I right in reading that this will auto-populate the field names for the fields specific to that login?

So if some silly website create it’s own unique field name rather than following whatever standards exist, this would resolve that?

I wonder if it’s this that causes some sites to not auto fill with Last Pass too

Exactly that and that’s what I’m thinking too. This screen is under advanced settings for each login. It’s not a global setting :grin:

I do that with a couple of logins that want like character 7,9, 22 and 7 million :rofl: using bitwarden works a treat, think it’s a paid feature though