What Monzo IFTTT feature do you want in 2020?

POC? Piece of Crap?

What does it mean?

1 Like

Proof of Concept. Sorry for the jargon :+1:

5 Likes

Good point. Maybe a prompt can be initiated?

Example - I set up an IFTTT trigger to flash our kitchen lights red when my (amazing) other half spends using our JA. I think it is great when creating it, but we both get a notification that a new IFTTT has been set on the account with an ‘Approve’ or ‘Decline’ choice. Mrs W doesn’t agree that it’s so great, so she declines.

While it is ‘Joint’ and we personally would go over the IFTTT action (and discuss it between ourselves), there may be instances where less ‘joint’ applies. So an approval/rejection step is fair and reasonable?

You made me choke on my coffee :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Authority on joint account spending is normally single signature/card/whatever. I wouldn’t see this as requiring any more authority than that really.

2 Likes

I agree with this. Although a notification to both users that an IFTTT application has been set up sounds sensible.

1 Like

Does IFTTT communicate this sort of thing to service providers do we know? (Monzo need to know somethings happened if they’re going to notify anyone.)

2 Likes

The only thing that comes to mind is the ‘OAuth’ like authorisation that you can get on certain services. I think I’ve had that happen before with IFTTT, so I assume the connecting service has at least an ability to detect the incoming authorisation request, and could push a notification from there?