What Monzo IFTTT feature do you want in 2020?

I agree.

And I’m also very quick to spot any post that includes ‘just’ for things like this … :wink:

For me, salary sorter needs to work on percentages too.

For people that have a variable amount incoming.

for example, 10% to my bills, 10% to a luxury pot 10% to holiday fund etc.

6 Likes
  1. to be able to trigger withdrawals from pots
  • at the moment if I want to sort a DD bill into a pot (like phone bill or utilities), I can set up an IFTTT to move the money out of the pot when it’s taken by a merchant. This is great, but I means I need to have the equal amount in my main account and in the pot. Because it withdraws and then transfers out of the pot.
    Being able to get DDs taken directly from a pot (as you can with standing orders) would eliminate this doubling up of cash.
  1. being able to set a pot limit, and redirect funds once it’s reached
  • if I know my bills are sorted for this month I want to save up a 6 month buffer. After that I want it to flow into investments and cash for fun.
  • rather than rejigging it each time things change, I wish I could say “bills pot £1000 cap” “safety pot £6000 cap” so it fills them up in order of importance

You can already pay direct debits from pots

Interesting - how do I hook it up with my audible subscription then?
At the moment (among other examples), I have £7.99 move from my bills pot the day before each month so audible can DD from my main account

You can’t use Bills Pots with card subscriptions yet (only with Direct Debits and Standing Orders), but you can vote for Monzo to implement it here:

1 Like

Hi, I pay myself a weekly amount on a Monday from a pot as spending money for the week.
I wondered if it was possible to put anything I didn’t spend automatically back into a different pot at the end of the week i.e last thing on a Sunday evening.

2 Likes

The only way I can think of is by logging your purchases to a spreadsheet and then calculating the remainder there with a formula. Then schedule the value of that cell to move money from your main account into a pot each week if it’s not > 0 :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks @Ordog. That seems a bit too much for me. I’ll stick with a manual sweep for now.

So, @arthur-ceccotti anything here caught your eye yet?

Yeah it is a bit overkill :smiley:

There is so much potential with IFTTT. I wonder if it is limited so they stop people possibly circumventing Plus features? or to stop people hindering Monzos plans to launch “industry first” features that would attract more customers. Nothing would dampen a press release more than a bunch of people saying “Yeah we’ve been doing this for ages with IFTTT, you’re about a year too late”.

1 Like

But on the flip side, they could essentially ‘Sherlock’ a lot of things from IFTTT land into the product itself. Moving it from 3rd party/user created/supported world (which some people won’t want to risk) to product feature which is more robust, more reliable and supported?

Let us expand things with IFTTT and they can ‘recreate/drag back’ the good stuff?

I am adding a few of these to our roadmap. Will get back to you on it later :+1:

4 Likes

Ohhh emm geee it’s happening! :partying_face: :tada::tada:

A roadmap? an actual roadmap? wheeeeee!!!

1 Like

Give us a sneak peak at the map… you know you want too :slight_smile:

I want to find the treasure :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag:

1 Like

I’d love a salary/incoming payment trigger

Can you use IFTTT to send money to pots, from pots, and to joint and external accounts?

Nothing can be sent outside the account in use so no external or joint etc.

I think this is deliberate to avoid any potential abuse of the integration by an external ‘bad actor’ so I don’t expect this to change.

Ah, thanks, I take back my interest in that case haha

There’s a fair number of things I might like to automate that revolve around tracking an amount paid here and having a running total. (e.g. I move £1k on the 1st of the month, move any remainder left on the last day, hypothetically).

To make that IFTTT-able (with help from an intermediary spreadhseet), I think I’d need triggers for:

• When my account balance falls below / moves above £X
  • For all possible payment types to be triggerable. (so I can keep an accurate running total elsewhere).

I think that would enable a very wide array of activities, even when they might require a 2nd applet, use of Platform, or intermediate sheets.