When will Monzo support Apple Pay?

The dates aren’t hard guarantees, they are rough estimates.

5 Likes

Dang, I thought you were hinting at a release very shortly! :pensive:

Well, NFC payments are a strange and mysterious thing :wink:

8 Likes

Found this :joy_cat:

first-you-get-the-monzo-then-you-get-the-overdraft-then-you-get-the-apple-pay

Also

WHERE IS APPLE PAY!!!

3 Likes

That was me… :yum:. I’m known as Mr Monzo at work now

lol comes up on Google image search

It’s a rolling 6 months?

Just like when a sign says ‘gone for lunch, back in an hour’ with no start time :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

It could just say “tomorrow” as tomorrow never comes it is always a day away :wink:

5 Likes

I want to respond to this meme as responding to this meme is something I’d love to do, but I don’t have any timescales yet about when this response will be. You’ll be the first to know when I do, though!

<long, frustrated silent scream to camera>

2 Likes

Should we start calling you Annie? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You are lucky you read it typed, rather than heard me sing :hear_no_evil:

4 Likes

For point of sale transactions, my card is more convenient, however, for in-app purchases, eg, if I am buying clothes from Asos, Apple Pay saves me typing in the card details, it is more secure, and I’m on my phone or iPad anyway, so I don’t have to get the card out.

Taking the phone out my pocket takes the same amount of time as taking the card out my pocket.

With the phone, I have to either hold it over the reader with my thumb over the fingerprint reader, wait for the wallet app to load, them wait for it to read my fingerprint; or double tap the home button to open the wallet app and hold the finger a bit longer to read it, then hold it over the reader. This takes about 1-2 seconds before it is ready to read the card.

With the card, I just hold it over the reader and it works straight away.

Very few places other than the Apple Shop accept Apple Pay for transactions greater than £30, so you have to get your card out for them anyway.

1 Like

Is the thumb/unlock thing optional? AndroidPay can work without even waking the screen on the phone and without unlocking it.

Lock seems to be mandatory on iOS for Apple Pay, however Touch ID is pretty much instant and seamless in most cases.

Yes, neither option I gave unlocks the phone, but you still need to validate with a fingerprint.

You can also unlock the phone, open the wallet app, select the card you want and validate it.

I’d disagree with the statement that not many places accept above the £30. I find the majority of places now do accept Apple Pay above the £30 limit. It’s just not advertised well at all.

6 Likes

Remember how annoying this was? But now it’s finally here :grin:

1 Like

Is Apple Pay here yet?

Trollol

6 Likes

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: annoying :wink:

1 Like