What is the best product you've crowdfunded?

No, it is an absolute scam, outside of lab conditions that thing will never work. Google it for some reviews - I really recommend “Electroboom”’a video about it if you don’t mind strong language.

This one, the foul language has been censored.

Really glad I didn’t spend several hundred pounds on it then.

Just looking for an effective way of having a peaceful nights sleep when the neighbors decide to hold a house party til 4 AM. Earplugs/earphones always fall out and headphones are uncomfortable in bed.

2 Likes

The best solution to that problem is to simply join the party. :wink:

1 Like

My best crowdfunding investment is a simple one; beer.

I invested in Round 2 of Hop Stuff Brewery

It’s a brewery based in Woolwich, SE London. At the time they couldn’t meet demand for their product and the investment was to build a larger brewery and open a couple more bars.

I’d already tried the beers and been to their existing taproom months before they ever had an opportunity to invest and could tell it was a good concept. The bars were simple affairs, majoring on pizza and craft ale. Regular strength drinks, none of the 1/2 or 1/3 pint super strong stuff that the likes of Brewdog focus on.

Anyway, they sought another round of investment a year later. The value of the business had quadrupled since the last round and they’re going from strength to strength. Ultimately I can see them being bought out by a major brewer but expect them to continue to expand steadily until that point.

5 Likes