What films do you recommend?

Final Godzilla x Kong trailer:

I’m so excited for this film. Might actually travel down to the mainland to catch it in the cinema. :eyes:

3 Likes

Watched Poor Things the other night.

Mixed feelings about it, cinematically good, but just … not sure about it.

But it’s on Disney+ if anyone wants to watch

3 Likes

A movie I’m sure a bunch of you have seen already but I’m going to see Interview with a Vampire tonight at the cinema for it’s 30 year anniversary.

That’s right - 30 years. We are old. Let it sink in.

Here’s the original trailer :clapper:

3 Likes

Great film, still haven’t managed to convince my wife to watch it though. :upside_down_face:

Looking forward to this…

1 Like

Watched the new Roadhouse movie yesterday.

I do not recommend. So grim.

Reminded me of the action movies we left back in the early 90s for good reasons.

4 Likes

Watched the original Road House movie at the weekend. That wasn’t exactly a barrel of laughs either :laughing:

2 Likes

Trailer dropped for the new Joker film… :eyes:

2 Likes

Sometimes a movie is so bad it’s good. We left our sense at the door of The Road House and thoroughly enjoyed it (apart from Connor McGregor obviously).

1 Like

I totally get that.

I think his performance (Connor) was absolutely spot on for that type of film - totally cheesy - but I’ve seen Jake Gyllenhaal do some pretty incredible acting so it’s jarring seeing him do such a weak character.

1 Like

The original Roadhouse is a terrible film and that’s a hill I’m willing to die on, I enjoyed the new one for what it was though.

3 Likes

Looking forward to watching Monkey Man and Civil War at some point over the next couple of weeks!

1 Like

Anyone with kids the Paw Patrol Mighty Movie is finally on Paramount Plus UK.

7 day free trial :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Or just an adult who likes Animation… That movie was pretty okay

I watched 10 Lives too on Sky Cinema

Was pretty good too

Watched the latest Mission Impossible last night.

Fairly decent compared to other MI films.

The only thing we spotted is the main baddie is useless at hand to hand combat so feels like the choreography has been adapted and filmed at specific angles to make up for it. Excellent at playing the creep though

Going to watch the Dungeons and Dragons next whilst on the trial and see if theres anything else worth watching. Possibly Star Treks and Turtles

1 Like

I didn’t realise it’s a two parter. Was annoyed when it got to the end :joy:

2 Likes

Same :joy:

1 Like

Anyone know when Part 2 comes out?

Next year I think

1 Like

Rewatched The Talented Mr Ripley, as the new show is on Netflix.

Had forgotten how good it is. Brilliant performances all round and the Italian setting works so well.

1 Like