What films do you recommend?

Going to see the black phone tomorrow … looks not too bad

2 Likes

Finally gotten round to watching the latest Jurassic Park whilst I’ve been working, well I’m on the last 45 mins or so.

So far so good, I’m enjoying it, it’s not as far fetched as I thought it was gonna be with dinosaurs roaming the earth

1 Like

Incredible day for films on the BBC tomorrow, with BBC2 showing not just DARK VICTORY but also NOW, VOYAGER in the afternoon, and BBC1 showing FAR FROM HOME at night. Something for everyone!

1 Like

Two things for everyone!

Plus a marvel film

Bobs burgers movie later

Edited as didn’t clock what topic it was

:worried:

I don’t think you can beat Sister Act 2, my personal favourite of all time. But realise that’s probably not everyone’s taste! :joy:

1 Like

This! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Do I sense there’s someone else that shares my love for Sister Mary Patrick and her trusty roll of electrical tape?!

1 Like

Haha it’s just an epic all time fave.

Just like Shrek as my go to cheer me up movie. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The Shrek Karaoke Dance Party at the end is fab!

Short Circuit 2 is another one of my faves! I’m showing my age now!

1 Like

Thor Love and Thunder went too hard on the comedy and ultimately made it distracting.

It was good fun but overall a below average MCU movie.

Right now it’s hard to see where Phase 4 is going. Beyond the multiverse I can’t see much tying all these movies tighter.

Also finally watched Hidden Figures, which was brilliant.

Nice mix of the space race and civil rights issues.

1 Like

Other half is normally on the ball with marvel movies; day 1 or close enough, but this one he’s not been bothered about so I’m guessing the general consensus is a no :worried:

Hidden Figures is one of my favourite movies. Really showcases the very best of Taraji’s talent. Been one of my favourite actors since Detective Carter in Person of Interest.

1 Like

A lot of people I know have been really put off by the fact the film includes a gratuitous fridging.

1 Like

I had to google this, but oh.

He’s still pushing to go see it and I cba :joy:

Edit: we are seeing it at 4:40pm today. :worried:

1 Like

That was particularly bad in this movie I agree

Really enjoyed Prey on Disney+. Disappointing that it didn’t get a theatrical release, but a great freebie.

I’ve never been into any of the Predator spin-offs previously.

3 Likes

Nope - interesting, yet somewhat terrible movie.

Started off well, but whatever happened in the final 20 mins or so I have no idea.

I fell asleep for the last 40 mins.

It was actually quite intriguing up to that point. Need to go back at some point to finish it.

1 Like