What does this mean? - Crowdcube figures

Thank you for your correction - That wasn’t clear on the blog post and is good to hear.

Can you send a reminder about this and on the last day open it up to allow us to buy more?

Can’t you just open it to all of Crowdcube?

My own concern from this round was the relatively short notice given to existing investors. Whilst I can understand the need to close the overall round quickly for funding reasons (and the fact you have more important things to do like actually rolling out the current accounts :grin: ) it would have been better to have maybe a month’s notice rather than the week or so existing investors have to further invest if they choose.

1 Like

I think people are getting hung up on the £2.36 cost. That share price is for a market cap of £280million, let’s assume no further dilution this means if Monzo reach a market cap of £2.8billion it will give a share price of £23.60, that would make the current sp of £2.36 extremely attractive.

Now imagine a Monzo in 10 years worth £1trillion (I think that was mentioned) that gives a share price of £8,000 a share.

Of course this all assumes no further dilution, which we know will happen. Should the company IPO they won’t do it at say £100 a share they will probably increase the share base to allow for a lower entry point, e.g. you have 3000 shares today but when Monzo IPO they will change to give you 30,000 shares instead at the new lower price £10 (so you still have the same amount of money) … I don’t know just guess work. But again the current £2.36 sp is a smoke screen if you think it is too high.

2 Likes

We would have loved to. Unfortunately, that’s just not possible in this situation!

1 Like

“Extremely attractive” is relative to each investor’s investment approach and risk/reward calculations. I don’t find £2.36 attractive, especially not when you consider the opportunity costs of investing my money elsewhere

I’m an investor and I can’t find monzo on Crowdcube? I’m using the same email address?

Hi Tristan, thank you for the explanations so far. You say that you’re not expecting this round to reach the full £1.5M. Is there any chance those who have chosen to invest in this round could be given the option to make up this shortfall by further increasing their stake? In that way, Monzo could raise the amount you’re seeking without incurring the cost of additional crowdfunding investors.

Alternatively, could those existing investors not choosing to increase their stake be given the option to transfer their allocation to other investors?

i asked similar a couple of days ago

Thanks. I’ve read the reply to your email, and I can understand not wanting to further increase the number of investors participating in the round, so my question was much more specific about those already participating in this round further increasing their stake - rather than shares being offered to anyone else

I thought my questions covered that ??? maybe not specific enough to your question , but it seemed to me that tristan said it wasn’t going to happen - I might be wrong :slight_smile:

I asked -
"does anything happen with the unfilled shares i.e. they aren’t offered to the people that committed to their “reduced” allocation ?

to which he answered
"We would love to offer them to other investors but as you say, it becomes a total nightmare and takes a long time"

I read that as it would be a pain to add additional investors.

I’d still like to be able to increase my stake if there are shares available.

1 Like

you may be right :slight_smile: wait for the invitation to increase your shareholding from crowd cube :slight_smile:

1 Like