What Car Do You Drive? 🚙 🚗

Me neither but there are 0 electric charging points where I live and the parking is communal in our estate so can’t plug it in to a charger in a garage etc. This is why electric cars are really pointless at the moment as unless you live in London or a large city there is just not the infrastructure to charge an electric car.

Plus the fact that they are just insanely expensive. I wouldn’t buy a car worth more than 3-4k and it’ll take at least 10/15 years before that happens with electric cars.

This is why I drive a Toyota Aygo, cheap to run and insure and does a decent range on a full tank. I’d love to buy something more eco friendly but as for the reasons above I can’t

2 Likes

I really like the look of them! I work next to a Toyota dealer and get a little jealous when the brand new ones get delivered.

Currently, a 2017 White Audi TTS. One of my favourite cars I’ve ever had.

Next is probably something a bit bigger - SQ5 or S4 Avant

2 Likes

I’m expecting delivery of a Kia Niro Plug in Hybrid in just over a week! So excited, it’s loaded with tech!

What’s everyone else’s opinions on Hybrid/Electric cars?

1 Like

I’d get one if I could park it next to my house. Due to steps, lack of parking etc I struggle to get within 100m of my front door, making owning an electric car difficult.

The local Sainsbury’s does have 2 charging points though but it’s the other side of town.

If I had more time, I’d be interesting in putting the effort into converting an older car to electric, with motors and recycled battery packs. But I’m not sure on the road safety requirements of doing this.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Is that clock house tesco by any chance?

A DS3 DSPORT Plus it’s a great little car but has it’s issues timing chain being one of them.

Old 55 plate Mini Cooper S convertible.

I am just so expensive at the moment.

20100307-IMG_7481

Hyundai i20 (2016 version) SE in metallic coffee

I got this one in December. My previous car was exactly the same but in white and was an automatic. Now don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have an automatic, but the fuel economy was dreadful, so I asked to swap to a different car of a similar age and now I spend less per month both for the car and on petrol :slight_smile:

Then a month ago I changed job to one that’s a mile walk away :rofl:

Fairly certain my next car (when the 3 year PCP is up) will be electric, as range problems (and availability of chargers) will probably be sorted by then :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Near as damn it yeah, Elmer’s End.

1 Like

Astra 12 plate a money pit this year 110k
service 2 x per year
Cam belt changed in Jan
New battery March
3 tyres june
Wheel bearing yesterday

Range Rover 05 plate - purchased very 2nd hand. Here is photo of last car (on right) and new car. Couldn’t resist photographing both cars with the same private registration mark. R-IMG_0484

1 Like

I did that with my private plates too, don’t worry.

Still in my Audi TTS, but hopefully switching to a new Audi Q5 Black Edition when released :grimacing:

I’d rather a Kalashnikov then a Tesla

2 Likes

Love my Q5. Last of the old model. Will be switching to a new model when the time comes to change - probably around January.

Looks like a new edition of the ol’ Lada… that used to be Russia’s Number 1 car!