What Black Friday deals did you get?

Camelcamelcamel is a must have site for anything on Amazon, along with Review Meta for filtering out the fake / bought reviews too.

I think the approach of “do your research and only buy if you need it” is a fair one. I have been after a new TV, and while all the deals are coming in, the specs aren’t quite what I want, and the deals actually aren’t that great compared to other times in the year.

Fair point, and I’ve definitely noticed this myself where I’ve had items sitting in my Amazon basket for months (though I did read at least one piece of research which I thought was a little unfair in that it also looked at the six months after Black Friday as well as before - in those cases, it doesn’t always mean that the Black Friday deal wasn’t a good price at that time.)

I second that recommendation. I almost never order anything from Amazon without checking that site first now. It really does give you information to help you make a decision when you can see if a price is a spike or a trend.

Along those lines, I can also recommend Invisible Hand. Install it in your browser, and if you’re looking at something on Amazon it’ll tell you if you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

1 Like

iPad 7th gen for £299 from John Lewis to replace my original iPad Air (which can’t be upgraded to iOS 13). Paid for with HMRC tax refund :wink:

3 Likes

Gawd bless the Hmrc

1 Like

Got an Asus C434 Chromebook. £100 off + £20 Amazon gift card. :grinning:

I got a pair of Sony WH1000XM3 for £229 :smile:

Bought Philips ambilight for £449 instead of £799. Have been waiting for it patiently :slight_smile:

1 Like

An easy way to clear out my email account from all the scammy late capitalist scum who send me spam.

1 Like

Two for one for the Hidden London exhibition at the London Transport Museum (not a Black Friday offer but…) and £30 tickets to see Ian McKellen on Friday night (not a Black Friday offer but…) :slight_smile:

Fridge-freezer for £369, which according to the delivery guy was an absolute steal, new TV for £429, a pair of headphones down to £84.99 from £249.99 and a couple of kids Kindle Fires for christmas presents, was a bit of a busy black friday :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I was on the verge of buying a Nest Hub for £59 on Friday, but I realised I can live just fine without it. Also been looking at some noise cancelling headphones, but waiting until after Christmas and New Year to decide if I still want/need them - by which time I’ll know whether to get the Sony or Bose. I was astonished by the number of people who were mindlessly grabbing items off the shelf just because they were reduced!

1 Like

I actually had an anti Black Friday I did look about but nothing actually caught my eye so managed to save some money :moneybag:

1 Like

A red iPhone 11 because my 6S Plus is finally on its last legs. Got an excellent earlier on last week, so not strictly Black Friday.

1 Like

I was dead-set on not buying anything.

But I’ve ran out of hard drive space on my desktop machine and all my various external drives, so I pulled the trigger on an 8TB Seagate that was about £60 off the regular price.

2 Likes

5kg of Protein Powder for £50 including delivery.

I had that problem a few months back, ended up investing in a home NAS system. Didn’t have huge TB’s worth of data, but a lot of stuff spread out onto many 500gb drives.

It’s now all living on a NAS which is a bit more back up proof, and backed up to the cloud automatically, and accessible like my own personal Dropbox system.

Throughly recommend.

3 Likes

What do you use to cloud backup NAS-sized amounts of data for a reasonable price?

I concur with @BritishLibrary, best thing I ever did :+1:

I have my CCTV cameras connected to my NAS so I can store all my recordings too :sunglasses:

This is called absolute stellar deals :+1:t3:

1 Like

What NAS system did you get?