What bag do you use?

For a backpack I have the Bobby Original. Backed through Kickstarter and there have been many copycats since.

https://www.xd-design.co.uk/bobby

I also use a Bolstr 2.0 for everyday carry items, again I backed through Kickstarter (bother for version 1 and 2) but it looks like they have sold out now.

1 Like

Tom Bihn for me since 2005 (https://www.tombihn.com)

Top left original 2005 purchase for a PowerBook I bought in San Francisco; top right replacement when the PowerBook died and I got a different sized MacBook Pro. Bottom left messenger bag has a padded Brain Cell for my laptop and bottom right carries my iPad.

1 Like

Ordered a Gandys backpack but it’s going straight back. Thought it was gonna be useful but pockets are too small, can’t hold my small water bottle and the main flap doesn’t open wide enough. Teal Waxed Authentic Mini Bali Backpack

Decided on this one is instead: Melbourne Backpack Compact | Slim professional backpack | Bellroy seems to offer better functionality for same size

2 Likes

You can’t go wrong with anything bellroy

2 Likes

That’s a nice bag.

2 Likes

Haven’t used it in over a year now but I’ve been super happy with my OnePlus backpack.

Can’t believe I spent years using fancier looking messenger bags and briefcases when the comfort and practicality of a backpack is such a clear winner.

Edit: link seems to work fine but no idea why it’s labelled as a dash charger!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m looking forward to getting it

1 Like

I have this exact same backpack! :laughing:

Actually found this thread looking for suggestions to replace it. Bellroy looks decent. The Google edition of their slim backpack especially.

2 Likes

I’d only had mine a few weeks before the first lockdown so I’ve still barely used it.

Are you replacing it just because or have you knackered it out?

1 Like

Yep! It’s my second oneplus backpack! It’s a great backpack, but the straps aren’t the most durable. Looking for something a little smaller, sleeker, and sturdier. Though it’s probably I’ll just buy another.

2 Likes

It’s fairly expensive for what it is, but I really like the Keep Pursuing Tech Backpack. It’s been my daily commute bag for around 5 years (although obviously it’s not got much use the last 18 months).

The reason I got it is that it has an exterior bottle holder- surprisingly rare in good looking backpacks, I’ve found.

1 Like

I’m still on my quest for a new backpack given the Bellroy back I linked to above is still out of stock. At this point I’ll probably just go for another oneplus backpack.

There are two backpacks I have my eye on though as an alternative. The Bellroy Melbourne backpack linked above by @Paulw! If you did buy one @paulw I’d love to hear your thoughts on it!

I’ve also stumbled across the Ucon Acrobatics Kito backpack, which looks to be just my style of sleek minimalism that I now find myself drawn to.

Can’t find much feedback or anything in the way of reviews on this one though.

I’m far too fussy with backpacks, and all of them always seem to have something that’s just a little bit off for my liking. I’ll keep looking.

1 Like

I have this one and can’t fault it.

https://www.cocooninnovations.com/product_info.php?cat_id=68&product_id=248

1 Like

I have a Rains pack. It’s great for me, good quality and I think it looks decent.

Not that I use it much because 90% of the time I’m on my bike carrying my ortleib panniers

2 Likes

Up till lockdown the daily carry was this

But I want one of these for when I go back on my 1/2 days a fortnight

1 Like

I had a bag that was very similar to this - both material and shape of it. The material got very banged up and out of shape very quickly - it didn’t stay properly square for very long, and it shows scuffs way worse than any bag I’ve had. Maybe this one is different but it looks like the same sort of material.

2 Likes

I have the same Patagonia too, as it happens. I use it for multi day hikes though (when I don’t need to carry a tent), bit big for my commute :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Interesting! Thanks for that! I’ll proceed with caution! A shame if it’s not durable, because it is a gorgeous aesthetic.

1 Like

I use a company-provided Aer Fit bag. Very comfy and a lot more spacious than it looks.

1 Like

Still using my 2 Timbuk2 messenger bags. The first one is an original medium ballistic nylon one that has had some serious use since… 2002, and is still virtually unmarked on the outside! This is used for everything not laptop-based. It looks similalr to taoday’s offering: https://timbuk2bags.eu/products/1108-classic-messenger-bag-europe?variant=32387783098506

The second one is a dedicated laptop messenger (Command/small - TSA approved, but now discontinued) which I bought from the Timbuk2 shop in SanFran in 2010 and has had daily use, although a bit less in the last year. Still looks spotless.

They’ve provided carrying stuff for a combined total of 30 years (!) so far and look like they can easily do the same again. Bomb-proof these things.

2 Likes