What are you saving for?

I’ve never saved money in my life but a very drawn out redundancy process (coupled with furlough payments throughout) and the fact I started a new job during said process means I’ve currently got more money than I’ve ever seen coming in (and no debt!)

I have a Christmas pot each year which I add to throughout the year normally - it’s ‘full’ now.

I haven’t treated myself to anything this year so I now have a PS5 pot which is full (based on an estimate of how much it will cost) and waiting for release :tada:

In normal times I’d have a small pot for emergency funds but, with an empty credit card, that’s become slightly redundant so I moved those funds into stocks.

The rest is going to go on some kind of education but I’ve not settled on what I’m going to do next yet so it’ll just sit there until I work that out.

I’m saving for a Disneyland holiday (2022, hopefully!) and a car purchase. Love seeing the money slowly build up in my various pots.

2 Likes
  1. New MacBook 16” with ARM processor
  2. Replacement iPhone, either this year or next
  3. Get the house exterior wall re-rendered
  4. Sort out damp problems in the basement
  5. Trip to Asia once the situation allows it
  6. Next skiing holiday
  7. Top up my pension
  8. Increase my rainy-day fund, in case something unexpected should happen
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.