What are those must-haves for an office space?

There are a lot of the fundamental amenities that are highly required for office space, what are the most important?

(Michael) #2

Adequate lighting without glare or reflections is right up there for several reasons

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #3

Subsided Canteen
Tea
Coffee
Vending Machines
Pool Table
TV’s
Nintendo

A damn good chair!

(charles edwards) #5

First and foremost pay attention to these factors:

1. Good, prime, approachable location.
  2. Proper lighting is one of the key features of a good working place.
  3. Parking, lighting and security are priority concerns for everyone – both clients and workers, so, ensure to provide it. Also, don’t forget about security alarm and fire prevention system https://www.americanbackflowprevention.com/service-backflow-testing.php

(Splodf) #6

Somewhere to get away from your desk. A chill out area.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #7

a fire escape

(daniel costin) #8

Somewhere to get away from your desk and chill out on a break

(Jolin) #9

I can’t believe no one’s mentioned water. Do none of you drink? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Rachel Raybould) #10

A big beanbag is the best.

(Jason Artemis Winstanley) #11

Coffeeeeeeeee. And working IT infrastructure. And a decent desk and chair.

Also, definitely quiet and private chill out space. As an autistic person, I really appreciate it when I have a private and quiet space to go when I’m getting a bit stressed, and having a sensory overload. :3

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #12

An office dog. Wouldn’t work anywhere without one.

Cycling facilities - secure parking, changing/showering amenities
Hot desking & varied space/environment
Natural light & plants
Shared food prep/eating area - none of that desk eating nonsense

(Kevyn) #14

First Aider.

(If there's the wrong end of a stick, you'll find me holding it.) #15

Have you had an accident at work that wasn’t your fault?

(Caspar) #16

Quiet spaces where you can focus.

I know people think cubicles are an awful relic of old offices and open plan offices are cool, but I absolutely hate them. Constant interruptions and stimulus from other people and stuff happening means I have a really hard time focusing on tasks. I get as much done in a couple of hours at home as I do all day in an office, even if I’m half watching TV and checking my phone constantly.

I also really appreciate showers in an office building, my old office had a really nice changing room area so I could go from the gym to the office to shower and change, knowing I had stuff stored there and didn’t need to carry it or spend too long in the morning checking my bag.

(Matt Hill) #17

Totally agree, when I work from home I’ve done more in half a day then I get done all day in the office. I don’t even feel tired after basically doing double the work, yet I just feel drained when I come home after been in the office all day.

(Michael) #18

I tend to find that I get different work done at home rather than more or less, and tend to work longer but less intensely

Probably for me that is a factor of a better working space at work even though I am in the world’s noisiest open plan office - I have multiple big monitors, a proper chair and a proper desk - but also there is something about going to the actual office that switches my brain into proper work mode

(Richard) #19

My 3D printed Baby Groot.

(And pics or momentos of my children.)