What are those must-haves for an office space?

There are a lot of the fundamental amenities that are highly required for office space, what are the most important?

Adequate lighting without glare or reflections is right up there for several reasons

Subsided Canteen
Tea
Coffee
Vending Machines
Pool Table
TV’s
Nintendo

2 Likes

A damn good chair!

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - June 2020

Somewhere to get away from your desk. A chill out area.

2 Likes

a fire escape

3 Likes

Somewhere to get away from your desk and chill out on a break

3 Likes

I can’t believe no one’s mentioned water. Do none of you drink? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A big beanbag is the best.

Coffeeeeeeeee. And working IT infrastructure. And a decent desk and chair.

Also, definitely quiet and private chill out space. As an autistic person, I really appreciate it when I have a private and quiet space to go when I’m getting a bit stressed, and having a sensory overload. :3

1 Like

An office dog. Wouldn’t work anywhere without one.

2 Likes

Cycling facilities - secure parking, changing/showering amenities
Hot desking & varied space/environment
Natural light & plants
Shared food prep/eating area - none of that desk eating nonsense

1 Like

First Aider.

Have you had an accident at work that wasn’t your fault?

3 Likes

Quiet spaces where you can focus.

I know people think cubicles are an awful relic of old offices and open plan offices are cool, but I absolutely hate them. Constant interruptions and stimulus from other people and stuff happening means I have a really hard time focusing on tasks. I get as much done in a couple of hours at home as I do all day in an office, even if I’m half watching TV and checking my phone constantly.

I also really appreciate showers in an office building, my old office had a really nice changing room area so I could go from the gym to the office to shower and change, knowing I had stuff stored there and didn’t need to carry it or spend too long in the morning checking my bag.

1 Like

Totally agree, when I work from home I’ve done more in half a day then I get done all day in the office. I don’t even feel tired after basically doing double the work, yet I just feel drained when I come home after been in the office all day.

2 Likes

I tend to find that I get different work done at home rather than more or less, and tend to work longer but less intensely

Probably for me that is a factor of a better working space at work even though I am in the world’s noisiest open plan office - I have multiple big monitors, a proper chair and a proper desk - but also there is something about going to the actual office that switches my brain into proper work mode

My 3D printed Baby Groot.

(And pics or momentos of my children.)

2 Likes