We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Phew, that’s good to hear. It’s not very clear from the screenshots at the top of the post - unfortunately, they look like almost any standard banking app out there, which is what prompted my comment.

Great to hear you are reviewing some of the features back from the good ol’ Mondo days too :). I look forward to seeing where Monzo is heading and what’s coming next!

4 Likes

Summary of what I have left to spend after committed outgoings is vital and one of the features that sold me on Monzo in the first place. So much so that I no longer do day to day budgeting on a spreadsheet! Please don’t lose this as it’s such a useful feature.

14 Likes

Thinking aloud here, but wondering if instead of a new tab (or recreating Spending) some form of filter from the home screen, with sort options (or predefined views for things like top merchants) might not be a goer?

(It’d be more elegant and simple in real life than in those few sentences!)

2 Likes

Applied. Out of curiosity - is this linked to your user account, therefore will change on both Personal and Joint Accounts, or is it Personal Account only?

From the images shown I can’t see how to switch between Personal and Joint Accounts.

1 Like

I would assume its through the View all option.

02%201

1 Like

Does anything happen if you tap the green Summary bar?

(Also, I’m assuming that the bar changes colour like the Summary wheel? Fancy momentarily stashing some cash in a pot to check?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

Can we edit/create standing orders with this preview?

1 Like

The description states “Account objects”, as in singular account with multiple objects (pots/Credit cards/loans/etc.)

Need clarification on account switching…

1 Like

First thought about the look of the new UI is that it makes more sense to merge the Summary(/new budgeting featureS) and the Home tab, but keep the Account tab separate. It makes loads of sense to have all the budgeting options in the sames place all the spending is shown.

It will be interesting to see how the UI develops.

6 Likes

Yes :slight_smile:

It takes me to Summary :smiley:

I’m assuming it would change colour :wink: Let me mess with my finances for you :joy:

:traffic_light: Green, Yellow & Red :sunglasses:

11 Likes

This looks great!

1 Like

Signed up and willing to give it a test; so far it’s looking really good.

1 Like

Looks like the Payments tab is still there, so my guess is almost certainly yes!

3 Likes

I don’t know :eyes: I’ve got no committed spends until May.

I’ll let you know then if Monzo haven’t confirmed it before then :blush:

1 Like

Completely off topic…but I wish I had that account balance :pensive::joy:

New shots look great thought👍

1 Like

I’m assuming that the figure on Marcus’s home page is the same as the one on his Summary screen - which means it’ll include committed spend! :tada:

1 Like

Google Photos does this super well IMO, something like that would work for transactions I would have thought, still lets you identify high transaction volume areas or quickly get back to a known period of time

OMG MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED THE GRAPH HAS GONE!!!

yes I’m happy lol

11 Likes

Yes, the payments tab is pretty much the same as the current version right now.

7 Likes

For now it’s the same as Summary.

Left to Spend = Balance - Upcoming Committed Spending

6 Likes