We're working on a new look for the Monzo app

Hey,

I’ve moved your post here as I believe this may be something that’s being resolved as part of the new navigation.

This thread contains a lot of information from monzo about it.

Hope that’s ok.

I’m on iOS TestFlight and I have to say that “spent today” is weird. The app doesn’t make clear what this figure is.

I agree with @Peter_G that it would make much more sense for this to be the balance at the end of the day.

For me, stuff like “spent today” should be added to the other analytics in the Summary area.

1 Like

There is a visual bug for me using the new look from labs. The bank account number goes over the little pie chart symbol at the top.

It would be good if, when you press the home button, but are already on the home page, it navigates to the primary account

4 Likes

Where can I find the net worth of all pots and current card balance, there doesn’t appear to be a total anymore

From the home screen swipe your account card down, you’ll then be shown the list of all accounts. They are grouped together depending on what you have (Personal/Joint/Connected Credit Cards) and the grouping has their combined total shown.

Nice little feature… maybe you can add end of day balance as well please? Thanks!

Weird one just now. Display of feed corrupted - 1 transaction cut off and another showing twice. Where the two identical transactions are showing there should be two different transactions. Moving to the payments tab and back again resolved it.

Android 2.56

3 Likes

I have experienced this too, since the introduction of the new nav.

Check Monzo Labs

What do you mean by that?

Like first direct for example

So I know my balance was -£22.77 on 18/07
I transferred £100 and my balance as yesterday £77.23

1 Like

Ah I’m with you

I feel it might get too cramped with a spent today and a end of day balance. I’m not sure which is more useful

It’s already looking a bit busy with spent today in there… it really needs to be visually different at least (it looks like from posts iOS makes it grey, which helps, on Android it’s just another number in the list which is hard to scan).

Putting another figure on there would just turn into a mess IMO.

1 Like

Update to 2.57.0 and check if the same happens.
I’m on 2.57.0 and haven’t experienced the same, or similar, display issues.

Not sure if this new nav related but when you use the search function the app just randomly crashes a good two or three times then it works for a bit

iOS 12.3.1
iPhone 7 Plus

First thing I notice about new update is the total spent today graph is gone. I really liked that feature

1 Like

#bringbackpulse. On a serious note, I think summary is a likely candidate for the next rework and I would imagine a pulse-like element would be included.

What did the pulse graph give you that’s now missing from the new nav?

What did the pulse graph give you that’s now missing from the new nav?

Wasted space. But I understand that people like this and maybe it would be an optional area to display in the feed for each parent account.

I also really want Summary to be the next re-work/improvement area as you state - there is so much potential there to make the Monzo app the killer financial solution

1 Like

I used it as a quick way to scroll back and compare my current balance to that on the same date of previous months over the past year.
It was great to see if I was within the same ball park or if I was spending more. If I was spending more, I could then make a mental note to adjust my current month’s spending habits to get back on trend.

I acknowledge there doesn’t necessarily need to be a pulse graph to display this information, so it would be nice to see this functionality in some shape or form within a future version of summary alongside the left to spend visual.