We’re improving international transfers, powered by Wise 🌍

Exactly. Sabadell did it as well. How annoying! :confounded: :confounded: :confounded:

2 Likes

Just to let you know, you’ve redacted your full name on all the screenshots except for the last one.

4 Likes

This is good to know. Thank you :hugs:

1 Like

Starling is not expensive, the problem is my Spanish bank, they charge me because starling use a GB IBAN, so my only choice is wise now.

2 Likes

Thanks, I noticed it after uploading :sweat_smile:

Not a big deal tbh, as there are no sensitive information :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m also very happy to test if you are still looking for participants.

I’m writing this reply because it sounds like I need to make a post or two before I can DM.
(How to send a private message to someone on these Monzo forums?)

I make semi-regular remittance payments to New Zealand. I am one of the (probably numerous) people who requested saved-international-payee functionality.

2 Likes

Just made another test payment to my Revolut :euro: account :nerd_face:
All went smoothly as expected :heart_eyes_cat:

Payment arrived within a few seconds :sunglasses:

Revolut does not show additional information where money arrived from apart “TransferWise” :thinking:

Revolut pdf statement does not show reference name :grimacing: :point_down:
(but it’s seen in “note” section on the app :point_up_2:

1 Like

I am just wondering, if Monzos partnership with Wise goes well, could Monzo introduce some sort of Pots with different currencies? :thinking:

2 Likes

On the subject of Wise…

3 Likes

After the payment was sent (and shown as “sent”) , you can download the receipt as a pdf document :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! :wave:

We’re getting close to launching this for everyone, but before we do – would anyone else like early access? :eyes::eyes::eyes:

We’d love to try a few more transfers in a few more currencies to make sure we’ve caught all the bugs (we think we have, but it’s always good to be sure!).

If you do fancy road-testing this for us, drop me a message and I’ll get you set up :+1:

7 Likes

As I made 3 test payment to different Eur accounts, I have a list saved :point_down:

I would like to be able to make notes for my self which account is which :thinking:

Eg which is Swedbank, which is Starling :euro:

4 Likes

I topped up my Swiss :switzerland: account in CHF and IBAN was saved on different list from my usual :euro: payees

Second top up was in :euro:, so I had to save same Swiss IBAN as a new payee

3 Likes

Wise always charges a fee even with Euro to Euro transfers (or indeed GBP to GBP). Generally not a huge amount (28 cents minimum for Euros), but if you are transferring a couple of Euro, as I sometimes do, it’s not really feasible.

Revolut does not charge a fee, which is why I use the latter when making IBAN transfers. It doesn’t look as if Starling charges for Euro to Euro transfers (at least not to Bunq or my Wise account), nor Monese. I don’t know if any of the above load their exchange rate to cover the fees.

I wonder if Monzo will charge me to transfer to my Wise account (using Wise…) ?

On the back of this (CC: @jackcully).

Should we expect to see the new UI’s when clicking on a transfer that’s been done via the PISP?
Also, will we be able to see transfers made from Monzo when logged into the wise web acc?

Should we expect to see the new UI’s when clicking on a transfer that’s been done via the PISP?

No, the UI changes we’ve made are for when you initiate a Wise payment from within the Monzo app itself. The screens you see when Wise swaps over to the Monzo app to fund a payment via Open Banking are the usual OB screens, and haven’t changed.

Also, will we be able to see transfers made from Monzo when logged into the wise web acc?

Yep, all transfers made via Monzo will show in your linked Wise account. And all payees from your Wise account will be listed in the Wise flow in your Monzo app (on a per-currency basis).

2 Likes

UI changes we’ve made are for when you initiate a Wise payment from within the Monzo app.

I guess my comment is now a suggestion :stuck_out_tongue:
Twould be awesome to see more info pulled through

Is this on personal accounts only at the moment? Just went to check and it looks like my Business acc doesn’t have an “International” tab when initiating a payment?

(Happy to have a more in-depth discussion via DM if you’ve got any q’s)

Yeah outbound international payments aren’t possible for business accounts yet - I believe the team are working on it, but I’m not sure on any timelines I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Ahhh, duly noted!

:shushing_face: Don’t tell anyone but we’re launching this for everyone a bit later today :eyes:

11 Likes