We’re experiencing problems with some bank transfers (Update : Issue Resolved)

This is really frustrating as it can’t be that hard to include this single feature in the new layout. There was an outage a couple of weeks ago I got caught in and again today and had to go searching both times to see if there was a problem. Notifying users there are issues isn’t a trivial feature that can wait - it should be have been in the new layout from the beginning imo.

3 Likes

I mean you did sign up to an extremely early test of a new design so I wouldn’t expect everything to be there.
If you look in the help section of the app the issue is displayed there as a recommended help article.

Hopefully it is re instated soon though :crossed_fingers:t3:

7 Likes

I have the new design and the notice has been in app all day too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noticed a small error in the article:

1 Like

You’re right but nowhere did it say something critical to knowing where your money was, that’s a feature of the app, is missing. Regarding today’s outage, the transaction didn’t show on my feed, it didn’t make my other bank and yes, I checked the help screen and nothing was there so just gave it a minute thinking it was a slow refresh of the new layout (before searching and eventually calling CS). Having £700 disappear wasn’t the nicest thing to see at 10:30 this morning!

2 Likes

Might be worth reading the following from the launch post of the new layout:

1 Like

I did when I signed up - and again when an outage happened a couple of weeks back and this morning. Still stand by my point despite this being early doors in the new layout. Letting customers know their money is safe (without having to dig for it) is a fundamental, regardless of testing a new layout.

1 Like

Here is the notification in the new Android design. It has been there all day and you can’t miss it.

1 Like

Not sure it’s live on iOS… but I completely understand it’s a beta test - anything and everything can/will break, including the visibility of my money.

@anon38670904 I would say If you don’t like it, opt out.

4 Likes

I don’t have it on iOS either on the new design, must be Android only at the moment. I find turning notifications on for tweets from @MonzoStatus is equally as useful.

2 Likes

Same for me

1 Like

I’ve been seeing this all day. Very handy imo.

I’ve just tried a faster payment from another account and it came through instantly. So it seems the 75% which are still processing are working as intended

1 Like

Glad to see it’s not just me who it isn’t appearing for. @Ordog had me doubting I’d missed something for a minute there.

@benjaminlbowles of course I can. I just think we differ on how important this particular bug has turned out to be.

2 Likes

That’s why I posted the screenshot so it helps work out why some were seeing it and others weren’t :slight_smile:

Glad we got to the bottom of it and as others mentioned, this is sadly one of the downsides of being involved with beta stuff. You never know what to expect :cry:

1 Like

In app status notifications are definitely not working on the new iOS version although it is now in the help tab.

Imagine is they could push out a text message to explain outages… :sweat_smile:

So, I’m unsure… Say for example I was expecting my pay today and the payment failed; would it have to be resent to me by my employer or would it have been delayed and paid in after the issues were later fixed?

They’ve said all delayed transfers have been processed so if you haven’t had it then you’d need your employer to resend it as it will have been returned.

Hi everyone :wave:

We’ve just shared an update that bank transfers should be back to normal now, and we’re keeping a close eye on the situation.

Thanks for bearing with us during this one. We’ll be making sure that nobody is left out of pocket as a result of the issues.

3 Likes