We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

Next week we’ll be doing a really big round of crowdfunding! :rocket:

Find out how it’ll work here :point_down:

We’re so excited that lots more of you will be able to get involved! :yellow_heart:

49 Likes

I can’t wait!

Edit - I might as well make this post useful, here’s the answers to some of the FAQs in this thread :smile:

Investing

Do I need a Crowdcube account in order to invest?

Who's eligible to invest?

Will existing investors be automatically notified that they can invest?

Will existing investors be able to invest the full £20m before other investors have a chance to invest?

How's the round going so far?

You can see how much Monzo’s raised on the dedicated investors page or if you’re a fan of charts, in this dashboard, which was created by @ylt & me.

What’s the background?

How did Monzo choose how much money to raise?

How much has Monzo's valuation increased?

This much :boom:

Image from the prospectus.

How was this valuation chosen?

Monzo’s investors agreed on this valuation with Monzo

We’ve just raised £85 million in a round of investment led by General Catalyst with participation from Accel, and have been valued at £1 billion.

Quote from the prospectus.

The company that I work for - Freetrade - has written a blog post about how to value startups too -

Freetrade Invest Hub

What's Monzo spending this investment on?

More details about investing

How much do you need to invest in order to receive an investor card?

Are we investing at the 'pre-money' or 'post-money' valuation?

Will the gambling block stop users investing?

Misc

Will this (& previous investments) be displayed in the Monzo app?

Will there be joint account investor cards?
29 Likes

I’m in. Don’t mug me off this time please. :joy:

7 Likes

Woohoo :tada: Amazing news! Can’t wait to invest :hot_coral_heart: (but only if Chris gets to :joy::point_up: )

3 Likes

Here we go again!! :boom:

5 Likes

Let’s do this!!!

13 Likes

What precautions will be in place this round? Last time people were signing up repeatedly (for example) and aspects of the process left many people feeling that they’d unfairly been denied the opportunity to invest.

I’m seriously considering trying to invest in this. Going to see how much can actually put into this, first time for everything!

6 Likes

Can those banned from the community invest? Asking for myself. I’m on a knife edge here :grimacing:

6 Likes

Quick question (I think I know the answer) will my Monzo “block gambling” settings stop this? I really don’t want to miss out.

3 Likes

Is there a certain amount you need to invest to get a investor monzo card?

No, the gambling block doesn’t affect investments :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’ve been in on every round so far an excited to continue the journey! :rocket:

5 Likes

Just the minimum, £10!

3 Likes

Yes, as long as they kept their actual Monzo account.

4 Likes

I noticed the following statement:

Next week, we’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and eligible customers will be able to invest up to £2,000 through the Monzo app.

What is an eligible customer?

2 Likes

I wondered that too!

1 Like

If we invest £10, how many £7.71 shares will we get for that? (if one, where does the £2.29 difference go? is there gonna be a share split to make this add up?)

5 Likes

How does the ‘invest in app’ functionality work with existing crowdfunders? Are our accounts linked from the previous investment and, if so, will that mean it comes up automatically for us on December 3rd and added to our existing crowdcube portfolio?

How long will this be open for? Is it just for a week?