We’re crowdfunding up to £20,000,000 and we’d love you to be part of it!

In the Prospectus it mentions payment will be taken immediately.

11 Likes

Hi John, it’s listed on the page before you invest that you cannot amend your pledge unfortunately! I’ve not read the whole prospectus, so maybe someone can clarify if it’s been listed elsewhere as well.

6 Likes

It was very clear during the application process that money would be taken immediately. As others have mentioned, it was also made clear in the prospectus.

6 Likes

Sorry to say your understanding was wrong, the funding package was never dependant on reaching a certain amount . I think it was quite clear that the funding would be taken from your account immediately and it wasn’t amendable.

Sorry you feel you’ve been misled.

see page 27 para 1.1 of the prospectus "The Offer is not conditional on a minimum fundraising target "

and pages 28 and 29 of the prospectus regarding money in your account para 1.3 and irrevocability of your offer para 2.2 (e)

6 Likes

Capture

To be fair, most campaigns on Crowdcube do work like this. Not only do they have a minimum, but you can also amend your amount. In this case though, Crowdcube are only managing the admin - not the payments, so it is a different system. On Crowdcube, there is not usually a prospectus, but you get the Articles of Association when the campaign closes successfully, and then you have seven days to pull out if you dont like them.

4 Likes

Random question: what happens if you die? Can you leave the shares to someone else and transfer ownership that way?

Yeah, they allow for share transfer in a small selection of cases.

2 Likes

Still plenty left for us to grab tomorrow :bank:

5 Likes

Hi, I am a Indian citizen currently working in the UK on intra company transfer visa valid for until Jul-2020. I am eligible to buy Monzo shares. If I am, will I be able to continue to own them when my visa is expired and return back to India? Or is there a regulation around selling the shares before moving out of UK?

Best Regards

Can everyone wait until 11am so I can get some investment in please hehe!

2 Likes

If you had a Monzo account before they announced crowdfunding then you are eligible to invest. I don’t see why you can not keep the shares if you are to return to India.

Maybe someone with better knowledge will explain if there are any issues.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Wondering how to take this up officially with Monzo. I have been using Monzo for 4 months now.

Have you read the prospectus? It will definitely say in there if it’s not allowed

1 Like

12 hours to go… Eagerly waiting :stuck_out_tongue:

Looked for key words. Nothing restrictive on holding the shares as a non-uk resident. There are mentions about taxation based on the Jurisdiction. That’s about it.

1 Like

Counting my pennies…

There was mention by one of the Monzo staff that they were doing load testing to ensure that normal service isn’t effected. Can’t find the specific post though - sorry!

2 Likes

I asked this.

The reply was that they have stress tested the server as best as they have can, however, I would expect some disruption tomorrow morning for an hour or two at launch.

1 Like

5 hours to go… :v:

1 Like