We just updated our roadmap! (Last update: 14/8/18)

Precisely why I advocate more engineers on the problem rather than the 1 who has been on it to date :roll_eyes:

Finding numbers on mobile is slow, please do counter with better numbers.

I will still point out that you find delaying a visual change to an optional feature unacceptable and should take priority over editing payments, that has the risk of costing people money or reputation if/when they make mistakes because they cannot edit a payment.

I’m being scrutinised less because my base argument remains valid. Even if 100% of users had a coin jar, the worst impact of this delay is seeing less transactions on the screen, unless I’m missing something?

4 Likes

Sure. And I take it mine is invalid then?

My argument isn’t based on priority (it counters it). It’s based on competition, customer feedback, holding Monzo account to their own targets, Monzo’s ability to work on features simultaneously, and my own utility. These are the points you missed but it’s natural to be selective I suppose.

This is a matter of opinion & preference.

And I take it mine is invalid then? - An argument isn’t just 1’s right, 1’s wrong. Take the nature vs nuture conundrum. Or, to stay on topic, you could argue why not get 1 engineer to do the quick fix until the big change happens?

This is a matter of opinion & preference. - Which is why I said “unless I’m missing something?”. That was an invitation for a counter point.

1 Like

I’ve been saying this all along too. It makes zero sense to take the sole 1 engineer off Coin Jar let alone put it on the “backburner”.

P.S. I’m one of the last people in this forum who needs to be schooled on the virtues of a good debate.

You seem to be a little bit obsessed with the idea that Monzo should improve Pots just because Revolut’s Vaults have additional functionality but that’s not how this works:

• users haven’t requested all of that functionality
  • Revolut isn’t Monzo’s competition right now (the high street banks are)
  • Monzo doesn’t build features / functionality just because other companies build it

As the team has said, there are other things that are a higher priority. They’re never going to have infinite resources to build everything we could imagine so they will always have to pick & choose. That means that their decision not to make this change right now doesn’t indicate a lack of resource, it indicates a different focus, which is informed by information that we don’t have access to. You’re just going to have to accept that, rather than suggesting that they’re doing something wrong by not hiring another engineer for this.

14 Likes

I mentioned 6 reasons… 5 that have nothing to do with Revolut, yet you focus solely on the competition element. Feature parity and benchmarking is perfectly reasonable.

I’m just not going to engage with you as we’ve gone back and forth on this in multiple threads.

In your last response we agreed to disagree. Let’s leave it at that because we’re on different wavelengths.

I’m publicly also going to request that you refrain from interacting with me in this forum. You’re too partial which is even worse given you’re a leader.

That’s up to you. But since this is a forum, every user is free to reply to you, sharing different perspectives is one of the reasons why we’re here. So I will continue to reply to your posts. I hope that you’ll continue reply to me too - someone needs to point out the flaws in my ‘incredibly biased’ comments :wink:

Please don’t waste your time and mine.

It’s not just your biased posts that are frustrating, but the fact that across multiple threads you ask/say the same thing even you you’ve had a response to it.

Example being 10 hours ago in the £1,000,000 Coin Jar thread I responded to this same “Revolut obsession” comment with this:

For the sake of my own sanity I don’t want to go around in circles with you.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Are the other challengers Monzo’s competition?

I just realised category splitting isn’t in the roadmap at all - I thought that was going to happen?

@hugo said it “could happen as part of category review in the next few months” in 2016.

3 Likes

Time to remove Mobile NFC Payments to Done!

Never thought I’d see the day.

5 Likes

Not done, we haven’t got Fitbit Pay yet :eyes:

4 Likes

No. Samsung Pay and Garmin Pay still to come.

3 Likes

Assuming they actually plan on supporting those, which I wish they didn’t.

I do, and Facebook Pay oh and Microsoft Pay

1 Like

Danny Pay?

1 Like

Roadmap update!

We’ve moved Apple Pay (was “Mobile NFC Payments”) to Done.

In case you can’t tell we’re very very very very excited about this.

Here’s the blog post:

6 Likes

Shame about the rename. So Monzo have ruled out any other NFC payment methods? Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, Fitbit Pay?

3 Likes

The rename is a good thing. It means they can still add other payment methods to the roadmap. If they hadn’t renamed it, then that’d have said everything’s done.

2 Likes