We just updated our roadmap! (Last update: 14/8/18)

Um, isn’t the effect of the change to the columns that we ultimately get less clarity on when things will arrive? There’s no three month window now - the highest resolution is “within 6 months” :expressionless: .

1 Like

We felt that the 3-6 months band for Near Term wasn’t the most helpful. There were items in there that would be coming much earlier than 3 months, sometimes a matter of weeks or days.

So rather than introducing another column for ‘Super Near Term’ items, we changed it to Within 6 months - which IMO is a truer description, and contains what ‘3-6 months’ would have contained anyway.

Hope that helps :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks for updating the roadmap, even if it doesn’t include lots of things I’d like to see addressed :scream_cat:, it’s nice to see what you have planned. Very excited for the next few years of open banking.

I like what tide have done here (though it took some prodding for them to actually produce a roadmap :slight_smile: ). They just got rid of the dates, which is clearer, allows for some slippage, and doesn’t provoke customers to start counting up months from when it was last touched:

https://www.tide.co/tide-update/product-roadmap/

The important thing to me as a customer is having a set of priorities which are clearly communicated and ordered (short, medium, long term), the actual dates don’t matter so much and are inevitably pretty slippery, and I wouldn’t expect it to update all the time, it’s more a long-term view of where you’re going. So Near Term should just be Near Term IMO, no need for dates.

Really interesting to see what Monzo is doing compared to other banks - you’ve done your banking platform first (bravo!), whereas others like Starling or Tide have tried to skip that and use a third party (Tide has punted on it till the long term, but at least they recognise they will need to do it).

Ok, so the change I was thinking of actually happened a while back. But “Near Term” used to be “next 3 months”. It is a shame that there is no longer a category for the immediate stuff.

Original:

Modified:

Most recent:

3 Likes

This is what we’re going for with the roadmap. Mostly just an indicate of where things are in the ‘pipeline’ (subject to the day-to-day realities of product development and building a bank) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Statements are here! Keep an eye out for them landing in your app over the new few weeks.

I’ve now moved Bank Statements to Done :tada:

5 Likes

I’d just like to clarify, when you say “International Money Transfers”, do you mean IBAN support? Or some sort of partnership with Transferwise (or ideally, both?)

IBAN support is vital for me - I get paid in GBP via IBAN, and without this I cannot use Monzo as my main bank account. (My colleagues tell me to use Revolut for this reason… :frowning: )

4 Likes

Yes, they keep dancing around this issue and don’t answer if they will be introducing incoming SEPA and/or SWIFT payments.

2 Likes

I’ve made some changes around Travel Reports. They’re still not on Android yet, and we need to update them to get them back up and running on iOS.

So, I’ve archived Trip Reports on iOS (was: Done) and removed “[Android]” from the Travel Reports for Current Accounts card to keep it non-platform specific. I’ve also moved this card to Near Term.

Thanks! :airplane:

2 Likes

Is there a timeline on the IOS update? Going away next Saturday :crossed_fingers:

I don’t think it’ll be there before your trip, I’m afraid.

I’m going away next Wednesday, but on Android, any chance for me? :smiling_imp: jkjk

1 Like

Again, unlikely - sorry!

I was joking, lol, the whole Android thing and all :slight_smile: I love Monzo and don’t particularly even see the value in these trip reports (since I can easily download a CSV or query the API and generate the same report), but that’s just me - I can see how an automated report like that would benefit a lot of people!

2 Likes

International transfers seems to have slipped :disappointed:

1 Like

Update!

Improve Direct Debit merchant information moved to Done following our recent Direct Debit improvements.

The travel reports are a much more beautiful way to easily see my spending for a holiday, including how much I spent in the local currency as well as GBP, and (if I recall correctly) which categories I spent in.

I think it’s preferable to have such a beautiful, clear feature within the app than us having to make our own app or web app calling Monzo’s APIs to see that information. After all, if you’re doing that or exporting to CSV (which isn’t as beautiful, readable, or clear in my opinion), that surely means you do actually find value in that information and therefore that feature?

1 Like

Absolutely, and fair counter point - but what I want a report for isn’t necessarily a trip - it might be an outing within in UK (e.g. ‘what did I do last weekend in Bristol’) or it might be ‘What did I spend going out on Charlie’s birthday?’.

I can make any report I want by using the raw data and Monzo provides some great ways to get that - developer API access and CSV export.

That said, I also agree - this isn’t as quick and elegant. But maybe instead of just bringing back trip reports, creating some type of report dashboard that lets anyone write some basic code that will be used as the basis for a nice, pretty report would be awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

I agree completely with all of that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know there might have been a lot of work in the background but logos on some Direct Debit merchants don’t really mean that information has been improved totally and it’s done - There is a lot more to be done IMO – Thread below has some great suggestions;

2 Likes