We just updated our roadmap! (Last update: 14/8/18)

Looking forward to hearing more about these in the near term :slight_smile: Keep up the good work Monzo :smiley:

1 Like

What about 3D Secure? No Details About it So Far…:frowning:

1 Like

It was probably put on the backburner so they could get #tags out!

5 Likes

Nope! Features like this aren’t taking away from the bigger milestones on our roadmap, so don’t worry :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Does feel like it sometimes, although that’s just how I feel :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A company can work on more than one thing at a time guys! :raised_hands:t3: I’m sure something as big as 3D secure would need more time than adding tags- and that’s why we haven’t seen a blog post about it yet until it is more ready?

I think this is a downside about being so transparent about things, features get announced/ re-prioritised all the time and you have to field questions or remarks about unreliability/ false promises when it could have happened for various reasons.

11 Likes

Oh yes I agree… but to assign X developers to work on tags for even a minuscule amount of time as a day or two is still frustrating when there are other tasks that they have promised and failed to push over the line.

I’m a developer myself so understand setbacks and bugs happen but still frustrating all the same to see these updates come and go with fluffer content rather than them hitting the bigger milestones the community have wanted for months.

What features do you really want personally? I would love to see the improved spending revamp and more Pots so Monzo Labs is a good starting point I guess. I think the most requested feature on here is probably Apple Pay though!

2 Likes

Personally I want Apple Pay, Revamped Spending, International Transfers, Pot Tidy Up, Joint Pots.

All a mix of short and long term but a great example is the Pot Tidy Up missed last month’s timeline by a few days? Surely with a few more hands on deck this month this wouldn’t have happened.

As i said I am a dev so I know its hard to anticipate testing efforts or setbacks but still leaves me with a sour taste when i see them push out things that weren’t even in the pipeline :joy:

2 Likes

Have you looked at Monzo Labs for access to the MVP of Summary (Revamped Spending)?

1 Like

I have and have it enabled, unfortunately its an MVP which currently doesnt work for me because of how i get paid… look forward to its proper launch though

1 Like

As a dev, I’m sure you’ll recognise the phrase “What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months”.

Unfortunately you can’t just throw extra devs at a problem to fix them, and a lot of tasks will be done by different teams in parallel, so will release at different times. Monzo is a pretty big company now, so it’s not surprising they’ve got a few different feature teams!

19 Likes

This needs a double-like.

1 Like

Very valid point and I’ll give you that in some cases there can be too many cooks :joy:
I suppose these aren’t hard deadlines they are facing so can’t be too butthurt at them pushing until its done correctly.

I think my main frustration comes from how they pickup new features and rush them through the trello board when other things are more pressing and asked for by the community.

I can’t speak for Monzo, but I work on a SaaS product (admittedly without a public roadmap) and sometimes if I’m halfway through working on a problem, there’s a ticket in the backlog that makes sense to build right now, while everything is still fresh in your mind and you’re working on that section anyway. Also, the two work items may share some dependencies and both need to be rebuilt anyway.

We can’t know for certain, but I’m sure the Monzo guys have similar experiences. The downside for the consumer is that it looks like they just prioritised a feature, but realistically it was just more logical to build now.

6 Likes

I trust Monzo to manage their work items effectively :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah could be just because I have a sprint mindset from my role so I’m visualising it differently, we have a prioritised backlog by the users so until the higher value items are ticked off we wouldn’t even consider touching the smaller items.

Just to emphasis, im not trying to bash Monzo or the way they do things i think they’ve done a fantastic job to date, just venting the frustrations and showing impatience for the great things they have in the pipeline.

Keep up the good work guys!

1 Like

I imagine that 3DSecure is quite a big project requiring understanding of the spec, integration with Mastercard, app changes in sync on both apps and the integration and work with many others…

Whereas (and no offence at all meant to the developers involved), Tags are a quite simple, non-critical, ‘spec-less’ no-integration isolated project which would be good for a ‘new starter’ to get their teeth into/familiar with the code.

2 Likes

I’m very interested to see how this is implemented, I hope it’s something like you open the app and click approve rather than some password etc.

It would ideally be a one-tap approval. We don’t have passwords anywhere in the app (except PIN)

8 Likes