We just updated our roadmap! (Last update: 14/8/18)

(Edward Hunter) #73

Because they have not released apple pay yet

(Tim) #74

…reads that the Roadmap is updated

…has the ridiculous hope this is something about Apple Pay

(it isn’t, of course)

…realises that the definition of madness is doing the same thing repeatedly and hoping for a different outcome

…continues to feel massively disappointed and unexcited by Monzo’s plans for the future

(Alex Sherwood) #75

I’d recommend taking a look at this post, for more on Apple Pay -

https://community.monzo.com/t/when-will-monzo-support-apple-pay/30433/405

(Tim) #76

Thanks Alex.

I’ll not hijack this forum, but I was just a little frustrated at the lack of traction with this feature on the update to the roadmap.

Thanks for the heads up. :smiley:

(Richard Cook) #77

We just published our April Update! It’s got all our plans for April, plus a look back over what we got up to in March.

From this, I’ve added Improved Payments Screen to Near Term. There’s a Sneak Peek of what it’ll look like in the blog post. And it’ll be rolling out to both iOS and Android users across the month.

(Richard Cook) #78

Updates!

We’ve moved Improved Payment Screen to Done (check out our announcement here. Currently out on iOS and coming to Android very soon).

We’ve moved [Android] Targets to Short Term :dart:

And we’ve added a bunch of new things to short term. Watch out for these soon:

• Monzo Labs (come to our Labs launch event!)
  • Pay Nearby
  • Improved Bill Splitting

Payment splits within the app
Say Thanks with Emoji!
(Jack) #79

Can’t wait to hear more about some of those! :star_struck: Monzo seem to be flying with the updates now the pre paid has gone!

(Richard Cook) #80

Agreed! It’s definitely keeping us all busy :sweat_smile:

(Jack) #81

Better than twiddling your thumbs! Well done Monzo team! :clap:t3:

(Benjamin Doherty) #82

Reading the description of the event ‘Monzo Labs’ it seems this promises to be pretty interesting. Looking forward to seeing what the mystery feature is that you guys will release on the night. Shame I work thursday evenings.

Can you explain what ‘Pay Nearby’ is?

(Richard Cook) #83

Quite simply, paying people nearby! So sending money to folks you’re with, but don’t have contact details for. Stay tuned for more info.

(Jack) #84

I’m going to guess that the app shows you other Monzo uses very close to your location that you can tap and pay.

Who knows could be completely wrong :joy:

Edit: @cookywook beat me to it

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #85

So location based pay… very useful :thinking: :man_cartwheeling: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :upside_down_face: :man_dancing:

(Jack) #86

I’m sure you know many other types of pay which are useful :joy:

(Nathan) #87

like… Apple Pay :heart_eyes:

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #88

Luncheon Vouchers?

(lee) #89

@cookywook

Will “joint accounts/pots” cover having the monzo version of a separate second account OR is this not even covered at all and this just relates to joint accounts and updates to pots?

(Richard Cook) #90

We mean Pots shared between two Monzo accounts. Having a secondary account (with functionality beyond that of just having a Pot on your account) would be something separate.

Location based payment to non Monzo users? Firstly wow and secondly how?

Bluetooth or magic?

(Dafydd Thomas) #92

The magic of bluetooth obviously. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: