We just updated our roadmap! (Last update: 14/8/18)

(Michael) #115

Can we update the title in the title?

(Richard Cook) #116

D’oh! Thanks.

(Jack) #117

I see the event is going to be steamed. Will this be on YouTube on Facebook?

(Dan) #118

YouTube mate :slightly_smiling_face:

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #119

Can you guys look in to multi platform streaming at the same time?

(Richard Cook) #120

Some changes to the roadmap today, thanks to Monzo Labs!

Check out last night’s launch event for all the details:

From that, we’ve moved Monzo Labs to Done.

And we’ve added rocket stickers to anything that’s currently up for testing in labs

Right now that’s the new Summary screen.

So Update Spending and Targets for current accounts and Custom start dates for Targets/Summary are available for testing! :rocket:

(Richard Cook) #121

Update!

We’ve moved…

• Edit Standing Orders to Near Term
  • 3D Secure to Near Term
  • Cash Deposits to Medium Term

Check out our May update for the full details:

https://monzo.com/blog/2018/05/01/may-update/

(Jack) #122

Looking forward to hearing more about these in the near term :slight_smile: Keep up the good work Monzo :smiley:

(Arslan) #123

What about 3D Secure? No Details About it So Far…:frowning:

It was probably put on the backburner so they could get #tags out!

(Richard Cook) #125

Nope! Features like this aren’t taking away from the bigger milestones on our roadmap, so don’t worry :slight_smile:

Does feel like it sometimes, although that’s just how I feel :slight_smile:

(Eve) #127

A company can work on more than one thing at a time guys! :raised_hands:t3: I’m sure something as big as 3D secure would need more time than adding tags- and that’s why we haven’t seen a blog post about it yet until it is more ready?

I think this is a downside about being so transparent about things, features get announced/ re-prioritised all the time and you have to field questions or remarks about unreliability/ false promises when it could have happened for various reasons.

(Nathan) #128

Oh yes I agree… but to assign X developers to work on tags for even a minuscule amount of time as a day or two is still frustrating when there are other tasks that they have promised and failed to push over the line.

I’m a developer myself so understand setbacks and bugs happen but still frustrating all the same to see these updates come and go with fluffer content rather than them hitting the bigger milestones the community have wanted for months.

(Eve) #129

What features do you really want personally? I would love to see the improved spending revamp and more Pots so Monzo Labs is a good starting point I guess. I think the most requested feature on here is probably Apple Pay though!

(Nathan) #130

Personally I want Apple Pay, Revamped Spending, International Transfers, Pot Tidy Up, Joint Pots.

All a mix of short and long term but a great example is the Pot Tidy Up missed last month’s timeline by a few days? Surely with a few more hands on deck this month this wouldn’t have happened.

As i said I am a dev so I know its hard to anticipate testing efforts or setbacks but still leaves me with a sour taste when i see them push out things that weren’t even in the pipeline :joy:

(Marcel Ruhf) #131

Have you looked at Monzo Labs for access to the MVP of Summary (Revamped Spending)?

(Nathan) #132

I have and have it enabled, unfortunately its an MVP which currently doesnt work for me because of how i get paid… look forward to its proper launch though

(Harry) #133

As a dev, I’m sure you’ll recognise the phrase “What one programmer can do in one month, two programmers can do in two months”.

Unfortunately you can’t just throw extra devs at a problem to fix them, and a lot of tasks will be done by different teams in parallel, so will release at different times. Monzo is a pretty big company now, so it’s not surprising they’ve got a few different feature teams!

(Marcel Ruhf) #134

This needs a double-like.