Want to open a 2nd account

Apologies for the essay but…. I’d like to open a 2nd account for my mother who I have a POA in place for to create her a savings pot. I guess this might be a problem re my email address already being in the Monzo system but I can use an alternative one however I’m unsure how I’ll get on trying to download a 2nd app on my phone to manage it all for her. Is this possible if I’ve used a 2nd email address and the account is in her name or is my iPhone/Monzo app simply going to recognise the app is already on my phone for my own account and prevent it….or is it clever enough to be able to switch between accounts if I used my own email address? It’s not an option to use her phone as she lives too far away and I wanted to be able to just deal with all her banking from my home like I do with her regularly bank account. Anyone have any experience with this?

I don’t think there is a way to have two apps on one phone.

I think that the simplest answer to your issue is to carry on as you are and open a savings account at her bank.

Monzo have a vulnerable customers team who may be able to give you some guidance.

3 Likes

Joint account if you’ve not already.

4 Likes

This is the way.

2 Likes

Some Android phones allow having two instances of the same app on the same phone via ‘profiles’ or in Samsung’s case the ‘Secure Folder’.

1 Like

Open an account in her name then open a joint account together?

You’d need to do that on a different phone.

Pixel phones do this too.

1 Like

I suspect all Android phones do now as it’s an option on one of the later Android versions.

My Moto one does.

1 Like

I prefer not to guess. The problem with expert forums is when people just make shit up instead of standing back when they don’t have an answer.

What’s an ‘expert forum’ and where do I find one

1 Like

Well, in my expert Android opinion, there is… erm…

1 Like

2 Likes