Waldo, Smol and other practical subscription services

So I spent a while looking at their Maffs.

From what I recall; their rolls have double the number of sheets per roll - so focus on the price per sq foot.

For the bamboo - I worked out that it was cheaper than buying Andrex Quilted 9 roll pack (my usual purchase) per sheet / per sq foot.

Their sheets are ever so slightly smaller Than Andrex/leading brand but are incredibly soft and nice

They offered (may still offer) a trial of all their stuff (basic loo roll, bamboo loo roll, tissue and kitchen roll) for like £3.

The bamboo is just very nice. Seriously cannot fault it.

Yes.

So I asked them about the plastic thing. They are working on moving to a non-Plastic solution. But not there yet.

If you compare to standard washing tab things, they have a smaller footprint and therefore less plastic, so somewhat better. But not perfect.

By all accounts it’s something to do with ensuring the packaging is child friendly. But still.

Also not sure why I’m so empassioned about detergent at 11pm on a Tuesday…

9 Likes

Have signed up.

Don’t you love it when a website has been created by people who know their job? Things like switching the iPhone keyboard to the email entry one when needed are so rare.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I think I’ll give both a try!

As someone with minimal home printing needs who used to forget to buy replacement cartridges in advance of needing them I quite like HP Instant Ink: try.hpinstantink.com/gHVLf [referral link for free month]

Also use Naked Wines. Practical in the sense it allows me to avoid having to decide which wines to buy, but more of an indulgence really.

2 Likes

Yeah, me too, the Rabbit and Spaghetti Shiraz is one of my favourite wines

1 Like

TIL! Excellent tip. I’ll be making use of that then, much easier than trying to shop at 9pm without kids or at 4pm with three kids.

1 Like

These are not useful, just more of a treat but good to order if you like to add some flavour to your water in the office.

3 Likes

And I’ve been chucking these in my water along with some ice cubes:

www.twinings.co.uk/tea/cold-infuse

1 Like

I just signed up for that smol ‘free trial’ :eyes:

4 Likes

I use daysoft for my lenses half the price of what you’re paying , extremely comfortable but I haven’t tried Waldo though.

Customer service is excellent.
My only gripe with them is the packaging isn’t as good as other brands but I got used to it after a couple of days

1 Like

Wow - that’s super cheap. Apparently Daysoft Silk is the closest thing in terms of quality/comfort to Waldo, which is about the same price.

Daysoft is 5.99 per eye so 11.98 (plus postage ) per month but as far as I can see Waldo is 12.00 per eye so 24.00 per month.
This is for both daysoft silk and classic .

1 Like

Ah, you’re right! Totally missed that.

Cancelling my Waldo trial and I’ll give Daysoft Silk a go.

Just think of all those people you’ve convinced to sign up to Waldo based on this thread! :joy:

3 Likes

I gave up on contacts years ago but signed up to try again because they sound good and cheap ha.

@simonb has made me feel like I’ve been duped, switching to the competition! Ha ha

3 Likes

@simonb has also switched to Starling… didn’t he tell you!?

3 Likes

That’s me defo left outside in the cold ha ha

3 Likes

Meh, a trial is a trial.

I still have 10 days worth of the Waldo lenses, who knows, I might re-activate! You have to check everything out haha.

As for Starling… I actually do have an account, but don’t use it. Workplace bias aside, I just love Coin Jar, IFTTT and a Hot Coral card way too much :grin:

6 Likes