Waldo, Smol and other practical subscription services

I ended up ordering so I’ll have that to look forward to as well.
I was expecting the import VAT but forgot about handling fees!

For a single person yes. For a couple, borderline. Family set refills will be over.

It would’ve been totally worth it if the package was 500kg and you could not carry it yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m getting a bad feeling about smol - I did the trial, but had plenty of capsules left from my previous purchases that needed using up, so I pushed the smol schedule out as far as I could. But smol don’t warn you they are about to send an order, you just get a message it’s been done, unlike say pact who give you a couple of days warning they are about to send your next order.

Then I go to the web site and you can’t actually cancel from your account! You have to email them to cancel. Unbelievable.

Both, in my view, are really shady practices and I’ve cancelled.

5 Likes

Yes, I noticed that with my recent Smol order. I was expecting an email to say that more would be sent out and with the option to push it back if I needed to. I like the product though so I’ve put a reminder in my own calendar about the next delivery. Shouldn’t be necessary though as they should tell you in advance.

I agree, cancelling online from your account should be normal these days.

4 Likes

I appear to have posted similar feedback a while ago in a random thread (!):

2 Likes

I think it’s a fair complaint - but maybe they’ve just not got all there systems quite together yet. From what I gather it’s still a very very small (smol?) operation, and they’ve not quite sussed out some of the things that Pact do?

Less ‘deliberately shady’ tactics and more ‘start-up inexperience’?

I get the feeling their back end system isn’t well developed - even bringing an order forward was a pain. Hopefully they’ll change with a bit of consumer feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe. And I’d have liked to give them the benefit of the doubt, but while they were really quick to reply to my email asking to cancel they then proceeded to present me hoops and ask me to jump through them. That made me sad.

1 Like

smol seem to be so small that Paula their co founder does support and you have to wait a few days for a reply

I had the same issue with cancelling Smol.

Unfortunately, the full size packs don’t fit into our outside Post Box and they try to add as much friction into cancelling as possible. Had to send loads of info by e-mail to get it cancelled.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth which is a shame because we’ll be replacing the door soon and will have a proper letterbox but after this experience probably won’t sign back up.

3 Likes

I have this issue so just had them delivered to my office, I didn’t know they would not fit till Royal Mail left a note.

Couldn’t be bothered to go get them so E-Mailed saying to refund and cancel or send to office which they did.

Psst, @simonb - what was your overall consensus on Waldo/Daysoft/etc? I’m currently paying specsavers £25/m :man_facepalming: which of the three deliveries they’ve sent me they’ve messed up all three (sending me the wrong ones twice and not even sending me one delivery, I had to go and collect them after chasing them up!)

Just signed up for a Hubble trial and a Waldo trial, but interested in what you ultimately ended up going with? I’m -2.00 in both eyes.

1 Like

I’ve switched to Daysoft on price alone. £13 for a month’s worth including shipping! Ships in 2-3 days with no probs.

Yeah, sounds amazing compared to my £25/m with a load of problems…

How are they? I mainly have troubles with the specsavers ones always failing to go into my eye, but once they’re in they’re mostly fine. Tempted to order a month of these for £13!

They’ve been fine for the most part, I’ve had a couple of times where they haven’t fit in the eye the first time, but after a quick readjustment it’s been fine!

1 Like

Sounds good to me! Ordered a month, thanks!

IMG_20181013_141924

Liking them so far…

2 Likes

I had a similar problem trying to adjust my subscription. Just super complicated to do it.

You’ve gotta get your portal / area of user interaction to be as smooth as the sign up bit otherwise I feel a bit sad.

I was running lower on my detergent than I had expected, so was just after a “send my order now” type thing.

More testing needed…

1 Like

Just see this from SMOL

2 Likes

I’m getting straight on that! :astonished: