Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

Virgin Money took so long to send that email out to customers that the Bank of England base rate has increased again, so their increase to the savings rate now looks out of date.

4 Likes

Time for another email then? :roll_eyes::grin:

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’ve been frauded so had to call up to cancel my card and get the transaction investigated.

10 mins in total on the phone including waiting on hold for a bit, didn’t have to give any telephone banking passwords or anything and they seemed to know who I was without me giving them any info (asked to confirm name and address), assuming they know via my phone number.

Card cancelled, new one on the way, pretty happy with the response.

Noticed in the app that when the card is cancelled this happens which looks quite nice. Shame that you can’t freeze the card in the app yet.

3 Likes

Just thought I would share this about the new Virgin Trains app - https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2022/07/virgin-launches-train-ticket-app-that-allows-you-to-earn-points-/

You can earn Virgin Red points.

And I’m sharing this here as people on a Virgin Money post may be slightly more interested in what another Virgin brand has to offer.

2 Likes

Can one setup direct debits to be taken out of M Plus Saver account? In a similar way how chase savings accounts can have direct debits on them.

No

3 Likes

What does everyone’s Virgin money/credit card look like on Apple Pay?

Mine is the red even though my card has now changed to the new portrait white card? Anyway to get this is change to white? Gets a bit confusing with a red Virgin and 2 Monzos!

1 Like

Virgin Money current account card.

2 Likes

VM getting into BNPL, and it may jusy tempt me away from Tymit

Slyce any monthly spend over £30 into handy instalments. Pay in six or three monthly payments and it’s fee free! If you prefer, pay it all off.

3 Likes

So thats one of the two features/products they were market researching (that I know of) down…

All flex no stress

Buy now, pay better and boost your credit score with monthly payments to suit your budget.

What are the benefits?

• Manage all your buy now, pay later spending with one easy monthly payment
  • Pay in instalments over 3, 6, 9 or 12 months - pay in six or three and there’s no fee
  • Track your credit score and level up your financial know-how with in-app tips and tricks
  • Get cashback in your hands when you shop with selected top brands
3 Likes

Personally, I really dont like that name, but its one of those times that I dont really know why. It just doesnt feel right to me.

Probably a combo of “sly” in the name and the knife connotation. Which is why split is much better

3 Likes

Pay in 6 for free is good.

Interesting that they’ve said over £30 only too. I wonder if that will change.

2 Likes

What was the other one? :eyes:

I assume im not meant to say. I guess if it did well in research you’ll find out soon enough.

Why? If you haven’t signed an NDA then it’s totally down to you. Fair enough if you don’t want to, but do it because you want to, rather than you feel obliged by a sense of duty to a corporation that, by definition, doesn’t care.

3 Likes

They’re now offering 1.71% interest rates.

7 Likes

At this point, I’m tempted to move my money from Chase…

1 Like

What’s the hesitation?

Better rate and more reliable. That’s two ticks.

4 Likes