Virgin Money Discussion & Feedback

I’ve just applied for the account.

Got an email asking for ID proofs so we’ll see how it goes.

2 Likes

Just saw a Virgin Money advert of TV advertising their M Plus account switch offer. Was quite an “upbeat” advert, especially for a bank. I defientely liked it, much better than Starling’s current advert which is extremely boring.

2 Likes

Virgin Money and Yorkshire Bank app, on :android: at least, has been day best part of today.

No online access either.

Glad not my main account!

2 Likes

Clydesdale Bank and ‘B’ also affected too

2 Likes

All banks will have issues from time to time.

1 Like

Hence why I have many :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

All fixed :grin:

1 Like

Wanted to change the DD for my Virgin Credit Card to a new bank account. Easy right :thinking: nope 🤦

So I can edit the payment in app, however that only changes the amount which is collected. I’ve had to complete a form, to ask customer services to cancel the DD, so that I can then set it up in app again.

Talk about been backwards

Make sure it’s active for your next statement. Don’t take it for granted and end up with a missed payment fee.

Though I’m sure you’re aware of that already :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah got to wait 2 business days for them to cancel it 🤦 as soon as I get the notification to say it’s done, it’ll be set up again.

Payments only just been taken for this month so they’ve plenty time to set the new one up and make sure it collects it.

3 Likes

You’ll find some “backwards” processes with basically all banks (even Monzo!). Sadly it’s just how some of the systems work (although that does seem a bit complicated for a simple task.

1 Like

Barclaycard and Tesco Bank were a breeze to change in app for me :grin:

1 Like

You are right, but this specific use case isn’t exactly a crazy edge-case.

People want to change their bank details for direct debits all the time - to not allow it at all, and require full cancellation prior to re-setting up is poor.

3 Likes

And it might be poor but it’s hardly the end of the world. I would say it’s even more poor to have to wait a day to get out money from interest pots with Monzo but what do I know :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Not excusing them but the reason for that is it used to be done on the website and they haven’t migrated that function to the app yet

1 Like

In a situation like what Virgin Money are going through, there will always be a few processes that take longer than they could. They are clearly updating their systems so they will almost certainly be aware that this process isn’t as quick as it could be.

2 Likes

Looks like Virgin have changed their terms and conditions, and have become very harsh

2 Likes

That’s hardly harsh, account not in use for so long, do you actually need it. Why should a bank keep open an account which is sat doing nothing.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t say this is harsh. Responsible of VM to keep on top of its liabilities.

4 Likes