Viola Black Discussion & Feedback

(Gareth) #169

Their registered address is very close to where I used to work :astonished:.

Maybe I should go work for them :joy:

lol ‘TripleClik’ - why are they trying to make that a thing? You don’t ‘click’ a phone and even if you did, most banks don’t need a whopping number of clicks to pay an existing payee

(All Hail the Almighty Doge) #171

Or just go and see if they are legit :eyes:

(Peter Reid) #172

The ad they must be running might be the audio from this video?

(Sam) #173

From their Twitter, looks like it might now be live in the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/GB/app/viola-black/id1448125890?ls=1&mt=8

All of the followers seem to be fintechy people , wonder where they heard about Viola…

They’re investing some serious £££ into something so so basic with ludicrous fees

(Jack) #176

Remind me not to visit Cardiff. I don’t want this brand rammed down my throat :face_vomiting:

They have gone 100mph with advertising.

They really have

'simply because we don’t want to be the kind of company that loses money and folds.'

We shall see about how far the marketing budget stretches :joy:

(Nick) #178

Maybe it’s just me, but at this point this is feeling more like some kind of elaborate scam than a genuine product. The amount of advertising for what’s actually on offer is widely disproportionate, and I keep coming back to one question - “Why?”

(They actually make N26’s advertising look good in comparison, which I never would’ve thought possible!)

They’ve launched a product in India that has 86k customers ‘Viola Wallet’ … scary when you consider those fees

edit: however can’t seem to find any information about fees. Actually looks like a different product focusing on cashback, electricity, gas etc

https://www.violawallet.com/#/

I’m so confused by all the Welsh centric advertising. I’m assuming the CEO is Welsh or something. (Looks like he is). Kinda feels like an indulgent vanity project/hobby though from someone who made a bit of cash in a non-fintech field.

Although it looks like one of the many Viola products must have been somewhat successful as apparently they’ve got/had an investor.

Is it supposed to be a Welsh Virgin group kinda thing?

(All Hail the Almighty Doge) #181

All these locations :upside_down_face:

https://www.viola.group/location.html

But they only seem to have launched ‘successfully’ in India?

Edit: perhaps the insurance side may be doing well?

edit: Apparently not…

(Peter Reid) #183

Their CEO looks at the very least to be a long term resident of Wales. They’re a lot smaller than you’d think, at least based on LinkedIn data - they have <50 employees.

(Jack) #184

Their head office is based in Bridgend only a short drive from Cardiff

Viola Towers

Viola Group which is a privately held company, that was first established in Vienna, Austria in 2012.

Viola has evolved from initially an asset management company, and moved into the FinTech arena. We now have offices in the United Kingdom, Austria, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malta and Dubai, and with planned expansion into Brazil, Canada, South Africa and Australia.

Personally designed Viola Wallet (V-Wallet’s) electronic wallet which has been long time in coming to market, however feel we have an outstanding product and in process of obtaining our UK EMI License.

Ok, so originally an asset manager, moved into fintech with (possibly) some success with ‘Viola Wallet’.

Sounds dodgy as hell :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s such a confusing rabbit hole.