Viola Black Discussion

Love this! I am sick of having to type my email address so much! Thanks

1 Like

Has anyone commented on the Viola blogpost? Presume itā€™s moderated so tightly they wonā€™t let anyone say anything which isnā€™t glowing?

1 Like

I didnā€™t get any response to this:

2 Likes

I put a comment on but no sign of it yet!

This is a great point! Although one I never understood why, other than the name of the product.

I drunkenly searched the app in the early hours of New Yearā€™s Day after seeing the ad in the tube, and I remember thinking maybe Iā€™m too drunk to function as I couldnā€™t find anything. I forgot about all this until I found this thread today ā€“ Iā€™m thoroughly entertained so far!

2 Likes

Violas target audienceā€¦

9 Likes

#JustUseLoot ?

4 Likes

Uaccount?

Boon Card

Their response has the line ā€˜Rest assured, however, that any revenue will be reinvested into our products, creating a more enjoyable user experience.ā€™ so they stating that any and all revenue will be reinvested into the company and not paid to directors / shareholders etc?

I feel like this isnā€™t going to be the case.

1 Like

Who on earth is running this company?

Who ever wrote that article definitely has in bee in their bonnet.

I agree with the majority here when I say it looks like a bad product due to fees etc. Iā€™m not sure how charging someone for a pre-paid card is supposed to help them with their finances :no_mouth:

1 Like

image https://luisandclark.com/2013site/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/LuisandClarkVIOLA-2K.jpg

3 Likes

I reckon the fees will defo be going back in to the company I mean how much does it cost to get your name on a stadium or on them bikes an taxis etcā€¦

2 Likes

Definitely not cheap, but not as much as you might think.

The stadium is the biggie. I mean, itā€™s not the Millennium Stadium, but itā€™s still a great route to achieving household brand recognition. No doubt a figure will come out in due course.

The other advertising is par for the course really.

1 Like

They had a comment on their response to this threadā€¦

Checking their twitter feedā€¦

#youhadonejob

6 Likes

To be fair, Viola corporate and viola black are two different products no?

2 Likes

No idea, Iā€™m assuming they work for them. Most recent posts from that feed relates to the group

The thing is, if you avoid what are clearly comical fees, the actual service/product might be great to use (no idea, not going to try, and purely speculating).

Iā€™d happily use a credit card that had the best app, customer service, and loads of features - Even if the APR was 400,000% - Why? Because Iā€™d never pay a penny as Iā€™d avoid the fees.

It stands to reason that Viola will already have a few core supports from using their other products, especially if their customer numbers are to be believed.

The whole thing is ridiculously bizarre, but perhaps the actual product is decentā€¦ (scraping the barrel for positivesā€¦).

2 Likes

I bet he works for themā€¦