Viola Black Discussion

At least they can take some feedback from this thread, now we know they are watching :thinking:

Pros:

• App is now actually available
  • Paid ads now appearing in Google
  • At least one article about them is now on Google search front page (although so is this thread)

Cons:

• Other than paid ads their SEO isn’t getting their own page to the front
  • Their article didn’t really address the main concerns over fee structure and limits, particularly the transaction volume limits as they are advocating a cashless culture

Still a little way to go for me to take them more seriously. Hope they manage to make a success of it, but I’m not sold just yet.

Keep reading Viola Black :eyes::eyes::eyes:

4 Likes

I’d love to tidy up all the random spacing in that article and capture better screenshots. It would be so satisfying :relieved:

4 Likes

Screenshot_20190103-182228_Chrome

1. Limited company, if you go bust ““my”” money goes into a liquidation pot too, no security. Surely?
  2. Your card has the same amount of digits and security as my bank card, if I’m getting fraud’ed they’ll prob have my card. You recommending I only put money on I can lose but leave most my wage in a trusted bank account?

Come on, use stats in the right context please.

8 Likes

I particularly like the “This is not the financial compensation scheme you’re looking for” jedi mind trick they try and pull at the end of their response post. It’s very much less of an answer and more an attempt to confuse the issue.

3 Likes

@simonb, random question but what’s the Monzo Policy on unauthorized screen caps of forum posts just as there seem to be more and I’m just curious what the policy/Monzos stance of them is?

1 Like

It’s a public forum, I doubt they could really do anything to prevent screenshots

4 Likes

I’m just curious, more than anything. I know they are completely public and understand that. I’ve never had a screen grab but would like to know exactly whether the best policy is self censorship first

The Bank of England is “a proper company” apparently. These pesky fly–by–night regulated banks with their flimsy FSCS guarantees, eh?

6 Likes

It’s a public forum, so we don’t have a policy here - please just use your best judgment and err on the side of caution if it’s something you’re concerned about :grinning:

5 Likes

This literally gets better with each passing day and we’re only a week in!

1 Like

Thanks for the quote Viola ! Hi :raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man::raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

I wonder if someone finally got suckered into investing in PreeCard and this is the result :joy_cat: :upside_down_face: :eyes:

5 Likes

For anybody that’s gone through the sign up process, how up front is the £4 fee (and others)?

It really is a weak response imho but do appreciate at least an acknowledgement of the thread and our comments

After a quick look on their website, how basic it seems and that they charge you £4 a month then I don’t think Monzo has anything to worry about lol

I use the developer slack for the slightly more controversial/interesting things :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve renamed the thread, since we’ve moved on from just their advertising now. Please feel free to continue discussing the pros and cons of their product :grinning:

5 Likes

And buses

1 Like

Are there any?

2 Likes

The card is Black? That seems to be a feature people like?

3 Likes

I’ll be interested to see what the app looks like in entirety :slight_smile:

I know there were a few people who really liked the concept of a prepaid card and were disappointed we moved away from that. I wonder if Viola Black will work well for them? :raised_hands:

7 Likes