Viola Black Discussion

Well that’s the decider. Cardiff devils? Pah, Belfast Giants are much better

It’s 2019 - gender shouldn’t matter anymore:

4 Likes

Not a reason to not to visit Cardiff it’s also on the back of the buses :astonished:

When they sent me the token by text message it started ‘Hi Miss Emma…’. Like there was any need for that at all :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Just gone through the whole signup flow and I can’t believe how bad it is.

• Wanting a passcode as well as a password?
  • Insisting on specific formatting in the postcode field?
  • Not looking up my address from the postcode?
  • Not switching the keyboard to numbers for the phone no.?
  • Also not using the keyboard for the email address that allows a long press in the . to get the suffix?

Or have I just been spoilt by how other apps do it on iOS ?

And then at the end just to be told:

I do like the font though :grinning:

4 Likes

Even just that text on your screenshot makes me cringe. Terribly formatted - looks so amateurish in my opinion.

2 Likes

How odd… :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I was about to say the lack of spacing between “email-thank” confirms my first impression of half-baked scam :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

In addition to:

• Double spacing between ‘campaign, your’
  • Double spacing between ‘a queue’

Both of which can’t be replicated here because Discord removes double spaces.

• No spacing between ‘possible.We’

Looks hurried. In general, better QA required.

3 Likes

I never new that was a thing!

Every day is a school day!

2 Likes

Wandering off topic slightly, but a tip:

Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement, then tap the ‘+’ in the top right

In the Phrase box enter your email address, and in the Shortcut box type something that doesn’t exist in a word and is short and easy to remember (e.g., I use ‘gzm’ for one of mine) - you want something that doesn’t exist in a word so that it doesn’t trigger accidentally

Now, whenever you type that shortcut into any text field Autocorrect will zip in and change it to your email address so you don’t have to type it all out

4 Likes

Hi Viola Black :wave:

Thanks for the shoutout! :mega:

More than happy if you want to register here and reply to stuff directly :grinning: Send me a DM if you’d like me to set something up in a new thread.

24 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Anarchist Since about 5 years ago? :wink:

I don’t think the response is what they wanted hence that essay and screengrabs

6 Likes

Not all positive? Has there been a single positive comment? :joy:
Didn’t address their confusing limits or pointless gender question. A Q&A would be great

7 Likes

Typical obfuscation. Looks like a reply to points made but doesn’t actually answer any of the criticism posted here. No reply to why the fees are ridiculous, no acknowledgement that you can run a Monzo (or Starling, or N26) account just like a pre–paid card without an overdraft, (and for free!) if you so wish, and a bizarre argument that bank cards are susceptible to fraud, but not Viola Black cards, apparently.

Do you think the PR person really actually believes in that rubbish they’ve posted?

10 Likes

Their fees response is very interesting, Monzo/Starling/Revolut never charged any account fees when they were prepaid did they? Why do they have to?

2 Likes

This has to be satire. I don’t believe this can be real.

Is anyone else reading it in an Alan Partridge voice?

11 Likes

It’s definitely got an air of ‘BBC Apprentice applicant’ about it. I thought that when I listened to the voiceover on the the advert – it sounds like they got a mate to read the script.

1 Like