Vertical Card Discussion (All Banks) šŸ’³

I posted this mockup on the Starling Feedback thread a few days ago. Just my idea on what a Monzo vertical card could look like:

Monzo%20Vertical

14 Likes

I like that design, but please update it and fix the chip designā€¦ itā€™s in the wrong place and itā€™s the wrong size and itā€™s annoying meā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

(Also, get rid of the word ā€˜Debitā€™ on the front!)

Liam

3 Likes

Rather fetching. Yes, indeed, thatā€™ll do nicely.

1 Like

Great job, but what does the back look like? K thanks :yum:

1 Like

There isnā€™t really much thought thatā€™s gone into it. Itā€™s based on this Alt Bank design.

Iā€™ll have a go at fixing it over the weekend :wink:

3 Likes

Maybe Monzo could offer a horizontal and a vertical one.
You get to pick in app when you are due a replacement. :man_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Even a horizontal card with a minimal design would be :heart_eyes:!

Iā€™ll have a think of how the back could look! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

So it would offend a Pirate (with one eye due to the patch) but not those with 2 eyes!

3 Likes

Think the should have kept the purple for their cards, itā€™s in line with their identity

The green they use reminds me of the egg card, and a different shade of green of the Transferwise card

I wonder how many shades they went through for the new cards

1 Like

Virgin do thatā€¦

Yeah but virgin are just terrible, the have No App and their online banking times out every 7 seconds. Virgin Money when asked how they were going to keep up with fintech literally responded with "What do you mean?, We already are a ā€œChallenger Bankā€ :joy::rofl::joy:.

Why? Beause they have a lounge and a vertical card? Sweetheart, a fancy room doesnā€™t make you a bank never mind a Challenger Bank. For that you got to break the rules a little.

Also I literally work next door to the Virgin Money DEV office in Norfolk. Their engineers and product team are ā€œLegacyā€ at best. Call me ageist, but sometimes thinking outside the box needs a Team who have never seen in the box to begin with. Get some fresh young blood in there my son!

7 Likes

Worth it for the lounge access!

I agree virgin are terrible, but their rates for a money transfers are cheaper than loans with the interest free periodsā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes true, I also have my Mortgage with them, itā€™s a great rate too. But donā€™t lie to yourself and your customers but pretending you are something you are not.

When asked how they are gonna keep up with Fin tech, they should have said that they will continue to offer the best financial deals amongst their competitors.

But I still stand by what I said, there is no excuse for a lack of innovation in 2018. There are startups out there who have literally started with Ā£20k and are winning awards for innovation. Virgin literally leak cash out their butt holes, use it, cause if you dont, girl bye!

4 Likes

Oh god! Theyā€™re not going for that hideous bright blue, are they?

I get tired enough of comments about the horrible bright colour of the Monzo card when I use it, why would Starling decide to do something even worse?!

At this rate I might have to abandon challenger banks just so that I can buy things without people saying things like ā€œoh! Youā€™ll blind people with that!ā€

1 Like

youā€™re ageist

(just submitted another patent and Iā€™m no spring chicken)

Sure the rule doesnā€™t apply for everyone, well done on another patent :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

But itā€™s completely true, I have worked in enough tech environments particularly startups to know that you need to keep up. Usually the best approach is to surround your self with a good mix of young to bring the ideas and new tech, the old to bring order and experience. And for the love of God, bring in a God damn Product Team and at leat 1 designer!

1 Like

Once the acquisition of virgin completes you wonā€™t see as much of those devs :rofl:

Well itā€™s already started, and nothing has been confirmed. We lost a couple BAs to Virgin last year, and now they have all been let go.

1 Like

I really like the modern design of the Starling card, and would be happy for Monzo to follow.

2 Likes