Vertical Card Discussion (All Banks) šŸ’³

Yes on the Starling card I think the back is horizontal but on the back of the bunq card it is vertical!

1 Like

Yes, that is what they said their policy was but it may depend on what employee deals with your contactā€¦if they nice they may send you a new card. They obviously have so many they can dish out per batch and if their restrictions give them some leeway to send a few out to those who donā€™t really need them they probably will.

1 Like

Iā€™ve not seen one that does this, though Iā€™ve only really seem mine which has vertical card slots.

Liam

Does the CVV have to be printed ? Surely it could be like a pin memoried or accessed via app only?

3 Likes

No the CVV does not need to be printed on cards. With bunqā€™s latest vertical card it says ā€œCVV in appā€ and you have to access your app to find it, and the CVV keeps changing. So you are screwed if you are shopping on line when your phone battery is dead. Starling retain the CVV on their cards.

1 Like

Cash wonā€™t be legacy for years. I just went to Tesco, and needed a quid to unlock the trolleyā€¦ I also had to give my nephew some birthday money the other day. It happens.

If your shopping online youā€™re likely to be at a place you can charge your phone! Usb port if needed!

1 Like

The CA one in Teal (Unreal Teal to the hard of thinking) looks awful. It truly is hideous.

The business account one though is choice.

Lack of attention to the backs of the cards is strange though. Especially when itā€™s already been done very nicely.

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

2329197f3d1a92aaeb289a15331fbef09ee50eab

5 Likes

I guess the question is whenā€™s the Monzo vertical card launch date :grin:

In Our Dreams :disappointed_relieved:

Finally! It only took 72 posts! So when?

1 Like

How about Monzo not having verticals or horizontical cards but printed at an angle across the card!

2 Likes

ā€¦and the other obvious question is - whatā€™s the new colour going to be? :grinning:

1 Like

Iā€™d deffo like to see one of these:

Althoughā€¦ maybe the numbers wouldnā€™t be visible :sweat_smile:

Hot Coral FTW! :raised_hands:t3::earth_africa:

1 Like

Wrong, what are the new ā€˜coloursā€™ gonna be.

1 Like

Sure, if Anish Kapoor doesnā€™t charge you a fortune for even saying VantaBlack greedy SOB! :flushed:

1 Like

Wow, calm down Skippy!

Suitably edgy, Richard. I almost like it, but tā€™would offend the eye.:flushed:

2 Likes

I mean, I kinda get why they did it? Chip and PIN and ATM transactions involve inserting a card vertically, so this looks presentable for those.

But for every other scenario this seems a bad idea. Itā€™ll either need a different design or just look plain weird in Apple/Google Pay, and itā€™s going to look especially weird in a wallet.

It also seems really weird to ignore accessibility concerns when youā€™re a forward-thinking bank in 2018ā€¦ thereā€™s no differentiator between the current and business cards for the visually impaired, which is something the Making Monzo Account took into consideration with joint account cards.

At the end of the day, though, itā€™s just a card. Itā€™s only the early adopter crowd that will really care.

3 Likes

You may well be right :grinning:

5 Likes