UX Ideas

Separating the pots from the card screen makes everything look much cleaner. I do wonder if there could be a way to make each individual pot take less space while keeping the image, but it still looks great as it is.

Personally I also like the tabs, but I’m curious to read what other people think about them.

1 Like

I like the pots tab. I still think it’s a bit naff that you can only see two pots fully though. A grid layout would be a lot better. The ‘artwork’ for each pot - especially in this overview screen - is too prominent. The pot value and buttons could be overlayed/better integrated.

Why not make the block with pot name and value transparent and overlay it on the pic? Or just collapse them all.

The ‘+ add’ and ‘- withdrawal’ might as well just be the + and - blue buttons. They could go pretty much anywhere else then and you save a bunch of space.

1 Like

Cheers for the comments all!

Like this @redshift? The ellipses dots would allow the user to interact with the Pot and clicking on the pot would perhaps take the user to a larger overview similar to my previous post. I wanted to work with a grid originally, though if the user has a single pot, a lot of screen space gets wasted. Something like this would be pretty neat though it’s not as ‘clean’ as my previous option.

I used the material guidelines to come up with the artwork size in the previous version and although the overall size of the blocks (including the buttons etc.) are seemingly large, they are really no bigger than most material cards. Looking at this newer version I’ve made in comparison, although it’s more space efficient, I still prefer my previous iteration.

2 Likes

You’ll be pleased to hear we are likely to see vertical design in the :monzo: app :soon:

6 Likes

Great mocks, @D-T-O.

I prefer the version you originally posted. It’s cleaner and feels less “busy”.

I also like the idea of a separate tab for pots if - and only if - Monzo doesn’t evolve to showing other current accounts. I think that the card + pots model only really works in the one current account world. I’m also a bit offput about the tab saying ‘card’ - it reinforces the idea that Monzo is a prepaid card rather than a fully fledged current account.

On that note, I wonder if you’d like to take a go at a cleaner / more elegant version of the account tab I mocked up here?

I’ll be keen to see how close it is to what I’ve mocked up over at Android - Account screen mockup
I really hope their direction includes the new material theming that we’ve seen on Google’s latest app updates i.e Messages

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like