Connect your other accounts and manage your money from within Monzo

Hey I tried personal messaging you on here and it gave me an error message.

What’s the best way to DM you?

Hey @ml :wave:

You should be able to reach out to @thomasm now :pray:

3 Likes

Two days in and I’m noticing an issue- there doesn’t seem to be much consistency as to when my connected accounts refresh. One of them hasn’t refreshed even once since I added it.

In addition, from a UI design perspective, the little circle-arrow is a bit confusing- I would assume that I could tap it to manually force a refresh if I want more up-to-date data, but nope, that doesn’t work.

EDIT: Some transactions in my other accounts don’t get categorized correctly.

Icelandic grocery store purchase as “bank transfer”:

Canadian fast food as “transport”:

Canadian medical testing facility as “dining”:

Hopefully this gets fine-tuned or we’re allowed to adjust the categories if they’re incorrect.

1 Like

Hopefully the UK reporting of incorrect connected accounts data feature can be brought over to the US product, which would sort this out.

1 Like

Dumb question…how do I connect an account? I can’t see the action to do so in my app. I’m using v4.32.0 from the iOS App Store.

Hey!!

You’ll have to be opted-in to view the new account button. DM @thomasm if you haven’t already!

If you’re already opted-in, tap the Account list button (your avatar pic) or pull down from any card view. There should be an action to add/see other accounts

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback :raised_hands:!! We quickly realized that this flow isn’t as smooth as it should be :slightly_frowning_face:

We’ve released an update to make this flow a bit better for users who want to add more accounts to an already connected institution.

Would you mind going through the “Add another account” flow and let me know what you think of it?

3 Likes

I just went through the process a little while ago, using a credit union I’d previously linked to show checking and credit card but not savings. Clearwater, down at the bottom, shows “2 of 2” when I have 3 Plaid-visible accounts with them (checking, savings, credit card- line of credit isn’t visible to Plaid but that’s not a Monzo issue):

If I go into the entry for Clearwater, it also only shows me checking and credit card:

Going through the “new institution” flow to add the savings account shows all three accounts visible to Plaid:

But the end result of doing it this way leaves me with two entries for Clearwater, one for checking and credit card and another for savings:

It’s a huge step in the right direction, though!

2 Likes

I noticed that Apple Card isn’t an available card to add. Is it listed under something else?

The only other thing it could be listed under is Goldman Sachs, the issuing bank, but it’s not there either. Seems like they’re not linked to Plaid.

1 Like

Apple Card doesn’t support Plaid :pensive: The only finance/budgeting type app that Apple has given it’s auto account syncing blessing to is Mint.

@jamar0303 If you do have other consumer accounts with Goldman, they are all in “Marcus by Goldman Sachs” - Marcus is their consumer banking brand.

2 Likes

I’ve successfully linked my accounts, maybe I was being overly optimistic but I was hoping I would get the same budgeting / trends features that are available in the UK Monzo app?

At the moment I am using Mint for tracking spending and the mobile app is extremely basic in functionality, meanwhile the desktop version has a lot of functionality but is super clunky to use. Would really love to be using Monzo again for this, I miss it :sleepy:

1 Like