URGENT: Appalled by Monzo Customer Service And need help

Visas are kafkaesque enough without Monzo getting in on the act with absurdities like not being able to print one-sided

5 Likes

I had reason to export a statement from Bunq and noticed that it has a fake stamp on it. Whilst the first thought was ‘wow that is great’, surely it would either not be accepted, or fraudulent (as it is not actually stamped)? Is it an acceptable solution for banks without branches, and other industries just need to catch up and accept things like this? Also, of course, EU rules might be different.

(the gray box is covering up personal info, it is not awful design on their part!)

2 Likes

That will probably be fine if you’re then scanning it and emailing like the OP.

Not sure it would pass an in-person test.

As you said, scanning they are unlikely to be able to tell the difference.

This kind of thing would need to be approved by a manager/risk team if it was submitted in person.

The only thing I can think is that sometimes this kind of thing is backed up by a digital signature that you can’t see?

I have contracts at work that are ‘signed’ like this and it’s accepted because there’s a digital signature you can verify behind the scenes.

Hello, Please were you able to sort this out and use this for your visa application as i am in the situation where i need to request for a bank statement from Monzo bank.

Same here, waiting 7 hours to even get even a response for my request official statements. Which was just again “do you need it for a visa” amidst a copy pasted reply and im now waiting again. My initial query said that i needed it for a visa so its nice to see support take the time to read. My other bank was able to do this yesterday in 10minutes. Monzo support is absolutely horrible in terms of response times and i dread having to do anything that is outside the automation / the app itself because i know that im going to have to wait hours, sometimes days, to get a response. This is a persistent problem with monzo and we have been promised over and over again it will improve, but it never has. If anything its gotten worse over time (yes, we get that the customer growth of the bank impacts times).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.