Upgraded Monzo Accounts for Everyone!

What about overdrafts? I want no overdraft ( = No accidental spending!)

Thereā€™s no overdraft.

1 Like

Thanks, youā€™ve saved me a search!

1 Like

Not yet, but there will be (opt-in)

2 Likes

Appā€™s updated. Have the pots. Happy Days!

1 Like

My card was fine untill i activated it, if your worried then i would upgrade as your about to come back home, this would reduce the time waiting for a new one :slight_smile:

There is no overdraft currently. Overdrafts are on the way, but you will have to request an overdraft (so, opt-in). :slight_smile:

1 Like

An expired passport still proves identity, she just canā€™t travel on it.

2 Likes

My friend had that and he contacted COps, they then asked for photos of other documents and manually went through the process.

1 Like

Guys, Iā€™ve JUST moved outside the country, and now Monzo is asking me to upgrade. What can I do basically? I donā€™t have an address in UK anymore.

Also, I donā€™t think you guys ever had my full address, since Iā€™ve got my card physically during one early Android beta meeting, in your old office. What should I do?

My partnerā€™s expired driving license wasnā€™t accepted

Thatā€™s an interesting point though - the licence was proof of ID, why does it stop being so after a certain date?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure. I was allowed to use my expired passport to renew my driving licence last year, which I still find strangeā€¦

Iā€™ve tried the expired passport before but it got knocked back.

edit For clarity, this wasnā€™t when signing up to Monzo. Was a few years ago now, was told the passport had to be current to be valid ID.

Photo ID has an expiry because of the photo, primarily. I know my current job does not accept expired photo ID.

An expired passport is still proof of citizenship. Depending on how recognisable you are, it may not be sufficient proof of identity.

There was some case Law that said it was only proof of citizenship during itā€™s period of validity and that citizenship could have been subsequently relinquished or revoked. Therefore most banks only accept unexpired documents.

EDITā€¦This applicable to England and Wales. Not sure what Scottish case Law or banking practice says

1 Like

Sorry, for clarification, itā€™s accepted as proof of citizenship by the Home Office (who already knows youā€™re a citizen from their records anyway), not for other checks like renting, employment, etc.

1 Like

I have a bet on 250k accounts by Christmas17, Ā£50 set with a naysayer about 20 months ago - any chance?

1 Like

With data from this graph, you could assess your change of winning or losing :slight_smile:

https://publicstats.itxdev.uk/dashboard/db/monzo-current-acc?refresh=5m&orgId=1

1 Like