Upcoming Direct Debits now showing in Home Feed!

Hey Rob,

Can you get in touch with the support team in-app about this? It’s easier to diagnose issues with your account information etc. Cheers!

1 Like

Just noticed that upcoming direct debits is showing again - does this mean its all live working? :smiley:

2 Likes

Weird, just reading about this functionality thinking I haven’t got this yet and up it pops on my app!! It’s magic I tell you :slight_smile:

I’ve just seen Monzo advertise this on Facebook.

Does anyone know if it works for Joint Accounts?

It’s here!

It should do!

4 Likes

It does!

It didn’t earlier, but it’s now showing!

Woo

Is this actual amounts or guessed based on previous months? Also I’ve a new direct debit first payment tomorrow but this isn’t showing. Does the first payment have to have been taken?

On our new joint account, we’ve currently got a direct debit showing as ‘due tomorrow 3am’ - for merchant we only transferred across a week or two ago. So it would seem: Actual amounts and first payment does NOT need to have been taken.

I’ve got three direct debits showing for tomorrow all on my joint account and all are first payment being taken and all actual amounts

Cheers thanks @richyb

I wonder if it isn’t due tomorrow. Confused…

This is the actual amount as requested by the receiving bank I believe. The Summary page is updated with this value at the same time.

1 Like

Just spotted that it is actually the 3rd it is coming out!! Must have changed dates after switching accounts.

This is cool and should work well with the push notifications about their not being enough money in your account for the DD the next day

Nice! So this is actually based on processed DD’s rather than predictions, so the data will be accurate too?

Out of interest, can/does Monzo show BACS Pending Payments? My old bank used to show my salary the day before as Pending; not sure how Monzo tackles it yet?

3 Likes

This is a fantastic feature and is absolutely essential for budgeting. I know that Monzo are working on a retry option for failed DDs but there shouldn’t really be any failed DDs with this feature as you will know what is coming out the next day.

This is awesome :tada:!

Are there any plans to add a similar feature for recurring payments like Spotify? :question:

2 Likes

It’s the real amount. We receive information about your direct debit one business day before it goes out :hourglass_flowing_sand:

We now display this as soon as we know about it, rather than waiting!

8 Likes

Really appreciated its showing my dd due out tommorrow.

This is so good!
I have two tomorrow, so able to preview it straight away.

I initially thought Tesco Bank was good that it shows that I need to add £x.xx to my account by xpm today to cover planned DD. This is better.

However, would it be possible to have a notification the day before a planned DD?

I think you do if the funds aren’t there.