Underdogs, hot-coral cards and a new mobile network

Well that’s convinced me :+1:

2 Likes

Archaeologists will refer back to this thread when zevvle becomes the dominant intergalactic communications provider.

5 Likes

@nbgoodall I really like the idea and would like to support this kind of initiative but it would literally cost me more than twice my current Plusnet plan that also uses EE. Any idea how they can afford to be so cheap?

3 Likes

Economies of scale, better wholesale rates… I’m not inferring anything, but EE and Plusnet are siblings under BT. And as we’re not connecting directly with EE, there’s an unavoidable margin we have to deal with. :confused:

But worry not, our pricing will definitely come down! And hopefully more so in the future with scale. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Well they can afford to be so cheap because they’re giving you the real price. Since they can’t innovate to keep an edge over the MVNO competition, they use higher wholesale prices to make sure MVNOs can’t easily compete.

Which speed of theirs? Their MAX plan speeds (90 Mb/s)?

1 Like

Ah, I believe it’s the standard, up to 60Mbps. Will confirm though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please do! I love my high speed 4G <3

1 Like

You mean they don’t do 150Mbps for MVNOs? Sad. :sob:

:man_shrugging: host network perks! Besides, I don’t even think they have 150Mbps for themselves…

2 Likes

They totally do for Max Plans, I am on one of those. To be absolutely fair it used to better in London and I used to hit it everywhere but I think more and more devices are switching to 4g and thus with congestion speed in central is more around 30-40 Mbps, still in more residential areas speeds are still awesome, hopefully I will be able to get on the 5G bandwagon soon with other early adopters and avoid the congestions again :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re right, I was looking in the wrong places. Crazy fast! 5G should be epic, though as far as I can tell the phone manufacturers seem to be lagging…

2 Likes

I have achieved that one one of their pay and go SIMs! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m with GiffGaff and was with O2 before for quite a number of years and the signal and speeds have always been ok for me but I got my wife to move away from EE to GiffGaff (huge saving £££) and she complains about the internet speed quite frequently now, she always seems to be swearing at her phone these days. These problems aren’t something I’ve noticed but maybe because I’ve been using the O2 network for so long I don’t know what the competition is like

4 Likes

Yeah O2 is horrible in terms of congestion. Their 3G is so congested it’s often completely unusable in London for example, and 4G often gives you 3G-like speeds.

2 Likes

o2 only got 3G let alone 4G where I live about 12 months ago…

Ahh perfect timing! My contract is up soon :grinning:

Good work!

1 Like

Ouch… hopefully things will brighten up! Or maybe there’s room to switch :wink:

:pray:

2 Likes

Do you have a rough date when the first sims will be shipped?

3 Likes

Question of the hour. Aiming to ship the first SIMs October/November. We can’t set a hard date as we have a few milestones to hit first (you’re more than welcome to help with that by referring your friends & family :wink:)!

2 Likes