Underdogs, hot-coral cards and a new mobile network

Hello all,

Not much of a forum’er myself, but I wanted to share something I’ve been working on…

Monzo has inspired me in many ways, not least it being a shining example of how things can be done in a stagnant industry. Because of that, I’ve invested twice, nagged enough people to join and championed this future.

Not being in London I missed out on Alpha, but soon joined the hot-coral bandwagon. And even though it’s grown massively, it’s nice to still have those “What a bright card!” moments.

Anyway… last year, I had a horrible customer service experience with a big mobile network. And without much digging, it turned out I wasn’t alone. Friends & family getting screwed by confusing or hidden pricing, waiting on the phone for too long… sound familiar?

So I decided to start my own network, Zevvle. One that’s built for you, with transparent pricing that doesn’t screw you over and useful support (if you need it…). We’re launching later this year with SIM-only plans, and if you’re anything like me I’d recommend you sign up. There are also our iOS and Android apps that recently went live…

Even better, get your friends involved — we’re offering a month on us (up to 12, of course) for every person you refer that orders a SIM. Just give them your link after signing up! And before you ask…

Are we the cheapest?

We can’t compete on rock-bottom pricing without the scale of other companies. Having said that, I’m very confident pricing will come down. We’ll do our best to delight everywhere else! :tada:

Thank you Monzo, and thank you to all the people in the community. It’s an incredible place. I’d be happy if I can recreate 1/10th of it elsewhere.

Any questions let me know, and have a great week’s end,

Nick :rocket:

21 Likes

Let’s change industries :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Presumably you’re piggybacking on someones network, do you mind if I ask whose?

3 Likes

I’ll certainly look into it :ok_hand:t3:. Building your own network masts right across the country would be mindblowing expensive!
You have to rely on what’s already there which means if it’s bad you can’t provide a good service either, it’s out of your control. Hopefully EE don’t let you down, personally I find their network the best :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Well you never know… only issue with EE is that north of Perth… the reception isn’t great (don’t trust their coverage map)

However good luck in the future :grin:

2 Likes

Do you get secondary access to bandwidth on 4g, very interested just worried I’d be dropped first by ee with my speeds?

Really impressive idea, defo worth considering !

2 Likes

Hoping that wasn’t EE ha ha

2 Likes

Likewise :smirk: I believe it’s objective to say that on average they do have the fastest speeds across the country.

Understandable! I hope that changes and they can play nice with other networks to share masts. And thank you! :smiley:

We’ll have full 4G coverage at the same speed as EE. :slight_smile:

Ha thankfully not! :grimacing:

2 Likes

EE is no go for me thier signal is crap where I live and I live in East London E5 and I struggle with EE coverage only Vodafone and O2 I get excellent signal

2 Likes

Interesting pricing. Looks dearer than three but cheaper than EE. I’ve registered interest

2 Likes

@nbgoodall Do you have any features like visual voicemail or wifi calling or tethering?

2 Likes

Can’t be for everyone, and thank you for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :pray: As mentioned, I’m confident the pricing will come down.

That link reminds me, I need to update the favicon from the old logo as well…

1 Like

Pricing points as they stand don’t look too bad although it’s difficult to tell with so many deals and constantly changing offers!

1 Like

Tethering, yes (without limit). :tada:

It pains me to say the other 2 will have to wait. Visual voicemail especially, that’s one of my favourite features…

4 Likes

Thanks good to know. I lose all signal when I walk in to my house and have no landline so wifi calling is pretty essential these days :confused:

1 Like

We’ll be pushing for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never had any issues with GiffGaff; the community is nice and on the one occasion I’ve needed a chat with one of the customer service agents, I found them knowledgeable and helpful.

I’m not locked into a contract and GiffGaff tell me if I’d be better off on a cheaper prepay goodybag.

Anyone wanting to check it out and possibly join, feel free to use my link and we’ll both get a fiver. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

GiffGaff are one of the best networks (there’s a reason they keep winning awards), although I think there’s room for improvement :smirk:

5 Likes

Shame they run on 02 :nauseated_face: .
They only got 3G and 4G where I live 12 months ago :-1:t3:.

I’ve had 4G for years on 3 and EE.

1 Like

Whereas my local 3 mast has been broken for over six months.

My signal was so bad that 3 gave me the option of early termination of my contract.

Overall, it’s all down to where you are/live to what network is best for you.

3 Likes