TV Shows!

As someone that would have paid about 20% of that to play the new graphics, I think it’s outrageous :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If it had been £15 to upgrade I would have paid but begrudged but Sony have been the worst for doing this stuff this gen and I won’t reward them with my money for it.

1 Like

Aghh that Pilot ep really did have to end there didn’t it!

Cannot wait for the rest. Such a great start, very true to the game.

1 Like

To be fair, they stretched out what is about 40 minutes of the game into nearly an hour and a half! I’m in it for the long Hall! I can’t wait for their first clicker encounter

I’ve not seen Joel throw any bricks yet though (it’s a joke as they’re so OP in the game)

I watched a speed run of the game and it can be done in 2 hours 50 minutes, but that’s with no looting, or cutscenes

I kept saying to myself “check the cupboards”

I’m sure he missed a few firefly pendants in the Boston QZ and in the subway on his way to Robert

• “when you’re stuck in the dark, look for the light. Believe in the fireflys”
1 Like

It’s just such a great set of games and story.

1 Like

Agreed. Such an awesome start! I loved how they expanded things, but it was also cool to see lots of sequences that felt like they were right out of the game. Can’t wait for more! It is very weird hearing non-gamer friends talking about The Last of Us now…

2 Likes

Even my mum and dad said “we won’t delete it (the recording off the sky box) until we’ve watched it”

My parents are not gamers and certainly haven’t played the last of us game. However, hearing them say that they may watch it, is very exciting for me

I think they’re watching it because they liked the Chernobyl series, I think they’re watching it because they liked the Chernobyl series, which following enough I haven’t for don’t remember watching

Edit: my speech to text doubled up a sentence in the second Paragraph not sure why. That’s why the formatting looks a bit weird with the capital letters and random full stops. Adaptive technology is great when it works

2 Likes

Start watching the episode:

His daughter is adorable. She cares about her dad, despite the ‘thief’ mislead, and has put a lot of thought into his present. And she’s good with the neighbours.

But she’s not Bella Ramsey, so she’s going to die isn’t she? F**k.

This is stressful and I hate it already.

Also, I can’t stop watching.

tl;dr, there are tropes and things are predictable (so far). But it’s bloody well done.

1 Like

First thing I thought was “she looks like a young Thandie Newton” :slight_smile: Imagine my surprise…

Apparently the episode with Bill (Nick Offerman!) is mostly about his relationship with Frank that happened prior to the game. It’s great that they’re able to expand on these sub-stories.

2 Likes

Watched The Last of Us yesterday night and wasn’t disappointed.

It’s so tough to make a show when there’s already such a huge fanbase to the characters already but they done it justice in that first episode. A lot of frame by frame matches :ok_hand: Actually made re-download the first game to start playing again.

It’s good to have a new weekly show to keep up with and gives a break from constantly binging stuff.

4 Likes

I was disappointed by last of us… it seemed to suffer from the problem that many first episodes do, trying to cram too many elements in at once, leaving it hard to follow… People would appear on screen, barely be introduced then be gone, so they didn’t matter at all then… and at the end there’s only 3 left. I was left feeling slightly annoyed because people had told me you didn’t have to know the games to follow it, but really if I’d just watched the first and last 5 minutes I’d have got exactly the same story.

10 year jump and the hero didn’t age a day, either… I’d have thought sky at least had the budget for that…

I’ll probably watch the second to see what it’s like.

I didn’t have a problem following the characters. Most of the first half centred on the daughter, so easy enough to follow her and her father and uncle.

The time jump (20 years, I thought it was) shifted the focus to Pedro Pascal - who I thought they did age up slightly by making the hair a bit greyer. At that point it introduced more characters and it wasn’t entirely clear who they all were - but that’s clearly by design, and we’ll learn more about the people and factions who matter as the show goes on. Which is not out of the usual for TV.

It’s not like Band of Bothers where everyone was wearing the same uniform and helmets and had similar haircuts, that was tricky!

I think it was 20 years, but totally agree :joy:

It followed the game which all happened a lot quicker than the show, and would’ve recommended playing the games to understand it better.

This is right.

1 Like

Whoever told you that you didn’t have to have played the game didn’t know what they were on about. It’s a shame really as anyone should be able to pick it up, but even the opening with Sarah had many references to the game. Example: the shirt she was wearing

1 Like

They have to watch out for being too slaved to the game. I have not played it since release to be honest so its all hazy. I had thought about the remaster but not with the cost.
I wont write it off based on Ep1 but we will see what the other half thinks after ep2 as she has never heard of the game.

3 Likes

If anyone loved The Leftovers and is in need of a show that scratches the same itch, I can thoroughly recommend “Souls”. I’m watching it on Sky so presumably it’s on Now as well. It’s a German show and you need to watch at least three episodes to get a handle on it, but it’s really good.

1 Like

I liked the Leftovers so I may take a look but in all honest subtitles need a big commitment for me to watch as I can do other things at the same time. I regularly use them on english shows so if I miss a bit of dialogue I can quickly read what they said but foreign stuff requires me to solely watch the show.

1 Like

Just watched and enjoyed the 1st episode of The Last of Us. I never even knew that it was based on a game but had no problem keeping up with it.

Maybe I’d be getting more out of it if I’d played the game but I don’t see it as an issue.

3 Likes

This is how I have to watch almost every TV show all of the time :sweat_smile:

I do understand many others multitask, why I remembered to mention it’s not English. But if you can carve out the time for the first few episodes at least, I hope you find it’s worth it.

1 Like