TV Shows!

Has anyone tried The Peripheral on Amazon prime yet? Same creative duo behind Person of Interest (Jonah Nolan, Greg Plageman) and Westworld (Jonah Nolan, Lisa Joy). Good creative pedigree but without Bad Robot (JJ Abrams) and Denise Thé.

Would like to know if it’s any good. Considering getting Prime for a month to watch it.

This bloke seemed to quite like it:

:wink:

I loved Person of Interest and quite enjoyed Westworld, so will definitely be watching it myself. But probably won’t get the chance to start until December because of Halloween viewing this month, and next month is Noirvember.

1 Like

Having a bash at watching LA Brea, it’s not too bad and it’s made it to season 2 so far :rofl: so it must be making some cash for the networks at the moment.

1 Like

I think I shared my thoughts on La Brea above! It’s really bad, but I loved it. I’m just disappointed Paramount aren’t fulfilling the streaming promises and following in the footsteps of their rivals by making their shows here available at the same time they’re shown in the US, So no season 2 for us yet. It’lol just wind up people cancelling their subscriptions and pirating the show.

It’s frustrating too, because there’s a general feeling of lack of good content on paramount, but they have the U.K. rights to a whole bunch of their own shows now, whose latest seasons have finished airing in the US, but are nowhere to be seen on the app in the U.K., despite being on the US one. No sort of roadmap or announcement either. It’s why I’ve cancelled mine.

I’ll be about ready to watch season 2 maybe by Tuesday or Wednesday. I’m just on episode 3 of season 1 at the moment. Depends what else I spot to watch, I’ve got that many shows on the go, just hop around them

1 Like

Finally started watching House of The Dragon. Just finished the first episode. Good start, and drew me in quicker than game of thrones (first episode of that was boring) did.

Probably going to enjoy it overall, but not really into any of the characters or actors so far, besides Eve Best. I’ve probably only remembered one character so far (Viserys), and it doesn’t even seem like it’s going to be as expansive as game of thrones, which is what made that show great to follow imo. Matt smith is overrated and the CGI seems downgraded. Drogon was stunning and felt real in that world, but here the dragons almost look like paintings, and certainly not real. Almost feels like they’re just been painted on top of the scene rather than actually being in it.

2 Likes

Haven’t watched HOTD but I’m assuming it’s not the same Viserys and that this is set centuries before ASOIAF.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s in the past. It was the how to train your dragon compariaon I saw on Twitter and Reddit that prompted me to finally start watching.

Still can’t forgive the way game of thrones ended though. But rumour has it, the upcoming sequel will be retconning it. Hopefully.

1 Like

Season 2 is worth the wait, or will be by the time you get to see it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Jeffrey Dahmer series is good, obviously beyond disturbing. But I’d have liked to have seen more from a police point of view, the timeline of the murders, where they thought all these young black men were going?

After the final episode there was a timeline of when all of the men disappeared and 3 of them were within a month!

When a 14 year old boy goes missing, surely someone is reporting this? Looking for him? He was last seen with Dahmer at his apartment. This wasn’t the 50s, this was the 90s! They didn’t even catch up through any sort of Police work, just lucky that the last guy escaped.

:raised_hands:t3::heart:

Love this show.

3 Likes

Quantum Leap is growing on me, up to episode 7 so far. The show flicks between the leap and what’s happening in the present with the team trying to work out what’s going on and why.

The Capture is absolutely brilliant! Best show I’ve watched in years. Smashed through both seasons this week.

2 Likes

We seen the first season which was pretty good, but not touched the second yet.

So many good reviews.

1 Like

Other half asked me to find Jackie Chan Adventures for him, which I found along with a lot of other shows.

Also stumbled across Legend of Zelda TV series from 1989 which I’ve never seen before (I don’t think).

Some easy night time watching :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s not a Zelda high point!

2 Likes

I can see why :joy: Link basically has a gun in shape of a sword.

excuse-me-zelda

1 Like

Omg. I loved this cartoon so much. Miss it. Does anyone remember the accompanying comic books, with the cards and collectibles? The second one came with a metal tin. I still have all my talismans and stuff somewhere! Was all surprisingly high quality stuff too, for a cheap kids thing.

https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/jackie-chan-adventures-bundle-trading-cards-magazines-8-talisman-chain-in-collectors-tin/product/HD_301149665

News agent comic books were so much more fun in those days. Doesn’t seem to be anything half as good around these days. But a Jurassic world one not too long ago, and all that came with was a little bag of Lego. Bought it for no other reason than the mini Blue in the Lego pack.

1 Like

I’m working my way through Dr Who again, think this is the 4th time now.