TV Shows!

I’ve got quite a long list I want to make a start on after my exam next week. The Expanse, COBRA, For All Mankind, and Ray Donovan season 7.

I’m not ready for new TV to start appearing just yet, I’m still trying to catch up with last year’s telly!

I need some new series to watch but I’m also enjoying how productive I’m being as a result :laughing:

I’ve recently started watching Wisting on BBC4. It’s a Norwegian crime drama with Carrie-Anne Moss, of all people!

1 Like

Just watched the last season of Mr. Robot. :ok_hand::ok_hand: Some absolutely incredible episodes. :robot:

1 Like

Watching the last episode of For All Mankind today - it is incredible. Then I’m moving onto Cobra, and then The Expanse.

Harlan Coben’s book the stranger is coming to Netflix as a series on Jan 30th

Trailer looks interesting

1 Like

Anyone else watching I Am Not Okay With This on Netflix? I’m 4 episodes in and really enjoying it so far. Someone described it as Stranger Things meets Sex Education and that feels pretty spot on to me!

Really enjoyed it. Very short and has a very abrupt ending but I’m looking forward to more :+1:.

I thought The Stranger was incredibly dull and couldn’t be bothered to continue past the first episode.

Just started the second season of Altered Carbon here.

1 Like

Given the current situation across the UK I thought this thread could do with a little bump :tv:

I’ve been watching the following

The Office :us:
Vikings :axe:
Lost :desert_island:

Any new recommendations would be greatly appreciated :pray:

1 Like

I’ve been binge watching these recently on Prime Video.

The Expanse - Read the books and the TV show was better than I expected and I’m looking forward to the next season.
Good Omens - Big Tennant fan so was intrigued. I like the story aspect to it. It reminded me of the style (but not genre) of Pushing Daisies which I adored over a decade ago.
Star Trek: Picard - Lots of Mary Sue moments but I think it is a solid Star Trek programme.
Hunters - Just finished this. Wasn’t sure what to expect but I like history and I was pleasantly surprised.

Plan to watch the Mandalorian from Tuesday when Disney+ releases in the UK.

1 Like

I watched bother Picard and Hunters :ok_hand:

Thought Picard started a bit slow but eventually the momentum picked up pretty well.

Hunters was a strange one - I enjoyed it but not sure everything was for me. Pacino was really good in it - made me forget the terrible movies he’s been in during his older years. Jack & Jill :-1:

So far my viewing has consisted of "Maybe now I can watch Sky+ recordings faster than I can build them up. So recently watched shows include:

The Ellen Show
Darkness: Those Who Kill
Escape at Dannemora
Alex
University Challenge
Only Connect
Inside Number 9
Liar
SU4C Bake Off
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist
Feel Good
Noughts and Crosses
Meet the Richardsons
McDonald and Dodds
Hypothetical
Breeders
The Rookie
Avenue 5

Also recording but haven’t watched yet:

Twilight Zone
The Trip to Greece
Babylon Berlin
Westworld
Thou Shalt Not Kill
Before We Die

Now I’ve typed that all up it looks a lot. Can see the category ‘foreign subtitles dramas’ could keep be going for a fair time alone!

Westworld (series 3, ep1) was outstanding viewing. Hopefully it continues the right way unlike series 2 which disappeared into itself.
homer_bush

3 Likes

I am mad into Ru Paul Drag Race at the moment :eyes:

But love me some crime dramas here are some of my fav:

• Broadchurch
  • Unforgotten (Series 1&2 on Netflix atm)
  • Killing Eve (On BBC, think they’re doing another series :tada:)

With everything going on, I’m keen for more suggestions as me & my couch are going to become very good pals.

2 Likes

Silent Witness on BBC iPlayer?

I’ve managed to go back as far as Series 6 where a very young Russell Tovey appears along with a lot of other people I recognise.

Over the past year or so I’ve been buying TV series on iTunes as they came on offer (thank you hotukdeals!) but never really got round to watching them. Now I have the opportunity! Quite surprised at some of the tat I’ve bought but I’m locked in now…! (not literally)

1 Like

The Mrs and I are currently rewatching Lost. Only 5 episodes to go. Definitely stands up for me after all this time, but it’s crazy how awful the SFX are.

“We have to go back, Kate”

I’ve watched half of Lost like 10 times. :joy: I might actually get through all of it someday.