TSB down again - any spare Golden ticket?

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Just wow.

I wonder why they don’t just pull the plug until they fix everything? They’ve clearly got a data protection issue (with people seeing other’s accounts and statements) - that should be enough to kill the whole thing until it’s resolved.

2 Likes

Holy sh**! Do you have a source? I have a few friends who’d love to see that…

And those people turn out to be TSB?

In that case I absolutely take back my previous comment. This is definitely TSB being the idiots here.

No it’s not TSB, but the fraudsters are out in full force. I’d imagine most of these users will have compromised their details themselves but to be on hold for 5 hours while you watch your account being drained must be so painful.

This seems legit image

Im sorry but the payee deceased screenshot really did make me laugh. They are a serious joke of bank at this point! Why is anyone even using them??

4 Likes

Oh yeah! No doubt! :rofl:

1 Like

I got the same thing the last time it happened and the fake site was really really good

IMG_1652

I got similar fishing text from HSBC, the funny thing is I am not even HSBC client, so it was a good laugh :smiley:

1 Like

This is the reason I’ve left TSB and started using my Monzo account

4 Likes

It does make me wonder: at what stage does this become a real, potentially even existential, problem for TSB? I know, customers tend to be forgetful, but the way their incompetence keeps being in the news, I wonder.

I know the only reason I’m still with them, is because they raised their interest,but surely paying above market interest rates can’t be sustainable in the long term?

Any thoughts?

Oh, and by the way, in case anyone is wondering, I still cannot log into the app :weary:

3 Likes

Have you checked your pulse? :ambulance:

3 Likes

I can still log into Tsb but only using it for paying cash in or cheques.

So people who switched away from TSB are now literally dead to them :exploding_head::exploding_head:

3 Likes

Looks like it’s down again!!

1 Like

Does this ever end?!?!

To be fair, though this one is hardly TSB’s fault:

Ben is adamant that he has not handed over sensitive information by responding to any dubious texts, emails or telephone calls.

Instead it seems the criminals already knew enough about him to raid his bank account, and they even had control of his mobile phone number.

Ben says someone had called his mobile phone network pretending to be him. They had closed his account and got his mobile number transferred onto their own phone.

It meant they would receive any text messages sent by TSB containing the passcodes needed to authorise changes to Ben’s bank account.

(emphasis mine)

This is why I hate the UK’s number porting system: It would be so easy to convince my mobile provider you are me and get my number. Who’d pick up the tab here? My phone provider (good joke, I know)? The bank? Me?

I wonder if GDPR might have a bearing on this? If your phone provider gives a piece of your data to a fraudster, they may be more liable for subsequent losses than previously.

To be clear, I’m not an expert on the new regulations, I’m just positing a hypothetical scenario.

IKR? Most times all you need is a postcode (easy to get), a date of birth (easy to get) and, less usually last digits of bank account (slightly less easier to get).

I’m currently moving homes and the other day I pretended to be my girlfriend to close our Sky account as she was at work and I passed all the “security checks”

It’s odd how lots of customers are claiming to still not be able to get in to internet banking, yet fraudsters appear to have no problems?

2 Likes

Not an expert either, but having read through a massive amount of ICO guidance, I don’t think so.

Primarily because no personally identifiable information has been given by the phone provider, as far as we know: They only gave a way the PAC code, which cannot identify a person, to be best of my knowledge.

Secondarily because while GDPR makes you liable if you don’t act in accordance with it, I am not aware of it introducing any liability for subsequent losses.

And thirdly, because, despite all the hype and panic about GDPR, it didn’t actually change all that much. But that’s a different story …

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve pretended to be my wife. Only once I was challenged after passing all “security checks” because my voice sounded too deep for a woman. I was about to congratulate the guy on using his brain, but I also wanted to get stuff done, so I got really upset for their attitude towards the trans community - I can’t tell you how accommodating the person was afterwards …

7 Likes

You’re my newest hero

3 Likes

I’m not proud of it …

1 Like