TSB down again - any spare Golden ticket?

That’s a package identifier, it should be unique within the ecosystem so most people use their domain in reverse. The exceptions raised by the library are then constrained to that identifier which allows multiple libraries to have the same exception names without colliding (otherwise you can have two libraries both raising a ClientException - how do you know which one it is? Namespaces solve that problem).

1 Like

Got you now, thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I asked Cops about this a few weeks back, apparently when you clear the notification from your feed you are essentially removing the golden ticket. :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it still be available in the “contacts” tab, at least on iOS?

Nope. You get this…

3 Likes

This is what I also get after each ticket is used. The banner has gone completely now

I get this

file

It is a countdown. The number of years to wait for Apple Pay!

2 Likes

What?! Isn’t that a bit ambitious?

1 Like

I see TSB had plans to shut it down and restart it to fix the problems…

Right, so that fills me with confidence. At least it’s not for 30 seconds. Have they checked the cables?

1 Like

I see TSB had plans to shut it down and restart it to fix the problems…

Sarcasm? Or do you have an actual link where they said that? :joy:

3rd paragraph. I decided it was turn it off and on again, they didn’t say they’d do anything when it was off :joy:

They pulled their press release, thanks Goole :joy_cat:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1KZUGvnbIx0J:press.bancsabadell.com/en/News/2018/04/banco-sabadell-successfully-completes-tsb-technology-migration+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

2 Likes

With our telly (valve model) my dad slapped it up the side. Usually worked…

2 Likes

:joy:

Have you a recommendation for things (hopefully not people) that Paul Pester should be taking to hand?

They had a cup of coffee out of the machine in their kitchen, what else did you expect them to do :wink:

2 Likes

More bank problems but this time really good customer service

1 Like

As a result of human error, a payment file did not process last night

It’s still unbelievable that humans need to be involved in automated interbank transactions.

2 Likes

We don’t know what the human error was - it could have been accidentally turning off the automated batch process.

1 Like

Yep, in Fidor I think they have some fully automatable processes that are interrupted by having to have to have someone press the enter key on a keyboard, or so urban legend has it :wink:

1 Like